Medical Universities in Ireland
A large number of international students go to Ireland every year to pursue their higher education. At any given point of time every year, there are roughly two hundred thousand students from other countries in the Irish colleges and universities. This happens because the country offers a very high standard of education to its students.
Students can choose between a large number of courses across disciplines and can pursue education at various levels of the system- under-graduation to post-graduation. However, the most popular course in Ireland in recent times is medical in Ireland. Ireland boasts of some of the best medical colleges in the world.
Top reasons to Study Medicine in Ireland
The medical courses are, in fact, more popular than the science courses that the Irish educational institutions offer. It is common knowledge today that medicine healthcare in Ireland is top-class. There are seven medical schools in the country, offering medical degrees. Almost all of them offer undergraduate courses in medicine. Here are the top reasons to study Medicine in Ireland:
- In the medical universities of Ireland, the world of students from more than 50 different ethnicities can be seen.
- A degree in medicine from any of the medical colleges in Ireland ensures a prosperous career and worldwide recognition.
- All the universities in Ireland impart medical education in English medium.
- studying medicine in Ireland for International students is an extremely lucrative option because the course does not cost much.
- The medical schools in Ireland, provide educational programs which are not only resourceful but also student-centered.
- The medical universities in Ireland are internationally recognized. Some of the medical schools are recognized by MCI and WHO.
- Students can also get big internship opportunities at Ireland’s medical universities.
Medical colleges in Ireland
There are currently five universities offering Medicine programs in Ireland. These are:
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick (Graduate Entry)
Eligibility criteria for study medical degree in Ireland
- The applicant who has completed 18 years of age can join a degree program.
- Applicant must have a valid NEET card. Only the students who have qualified NEET exam can go for the study abroad option.
- Applicant must have passed a 10+2 or equivalent exam with Biology, Physics, and Chemistry with a minimum of 60%.
- Foundations and Diploma programs are also available for students who have secured near about 50%.
- It is mandatory for students to appear in the Health Professions Admission Test and score at least 480 points to be eligible for admission to a medical school in Ireland.
Admission procedures for study medicine in Ireland
Requirements for pursuing Medicine courses differ with the medical universities in Ireland you choose is different for each university in Ireland. Here is the Admission Procedure you need to follow:
- Ireland has a consolidated online registration system which is known as Central Applications Office (CAO). Students need to apply through CAO for undergraduate courses.
- To study in Ireland, any student whose native language is not English needs to prove his or her proficiency in the English language. This can be done by submitting test scores of IELTS or TOFEL.
- Students should also give the HPAT assessment test. This test will evaluate the reasonable reasoning skills, problem-solving abilities, and communication levels of the candidate.
- Students should pursue one year of internship along with 4 to 6 years of Ireland’s medical degree.
Cost of studying Medicine in Ireland
Studying medicine in Ireland for International students is an extremely lucrative option because the course does not cost much. In fact, the tuition fee is paid to the Medical University in Ireland by Higher Education Authority in Ireland. This scheme is for students from the European Union nations, and also for those who enroll for a full-time undergraduate course of two years’ duration for the first time.
Of course, universities charge a yearly Student Contribution Fee, but that amount will in no way be comparable to the fee for the course that the government pays for the students. The fee will be a maximum of €3,000
Duration of study MBBS in Ireland
The period for the MBBS course in Ireland is 6 years which includes 1 year of internship. There is also another variation of medical courses at several universities and colleges which can be of 1 year, 2 years, or 4 years duration. These courses are,
- Biomedical engineering and regenerative medicine,
- Bachelor of nursing science
- Bachelor of Science (Podiatric medicine)
- Bachelor of Science (Speech and language therapy.
Thus, for all those who wish to pursue a course in medicine outside their country, Ireland is the best option available.
List of Medical Universities in Ireland by Specialization:
MBBS Universities in Ireland
Veterinary Science Universities in Ireland
MD Universities in Ireland
Pharmacy Universities in Ireland
Paramedical/Nursing Studies Universities in Ireland
General Medicine Universities in Ireland
Medical Sciences Universities in Ireland
Public Health Universities in Ireland
Dental Sciences Universities in Ireland
Fitness and Health Care Expert Universities in Ireland