If you have dreamt about securing a foreign degree in your favorite subject since childhood, staying in that country must have been there for long in your wish list.. When we think about getting placed in the same country the very first advantage that strikes our minds is that of our already known environment. France's stay back option is one of the huge opportunities.
For repaying the loans or to find a permanent place to settle down, most of the international students crave for the job opportunities in the same country, sometimes in the same city rather. But the problem is the scarcity of job, top level of global competition and different set ups for different countries. So it is very crucial that you understand the post study and work in France permit rules and regulations.
In this article we will hint at few basic guidelines on the facilities that Study in France provides every year to its thousands of international students.
Student visa in France
Post study work grant remind us about the most important part and that is the student visa. France actually provides the international students with three basic kinds of France Study visa which are discussed on an outline:
- Students who actually get admitted to the short summer or spring or language courses which are of a duration of 3 months or less are entitled to short student visa. The visa is strictly nonrenewable.
- The second type is also nonrenewable. These programs are of a duration of up to 6 months.
- The third type of France student visa which gives an allowance for work after studies are designed for the regular bachelors, masters and PhD courses in top Universities in France. Definitely renewable.
France stay back option
- International Students who are looking forward to pursuing small and short-term courses in France cannot stay in France after completion of studies. The student must leave the country after course completion. However, later on, they are welcome to apply for a separate work permit.
- A student can apply for a residence permit for France if s/he has paid employment. This is applicable for both bachelor's and master’s programs and students would have to apply for a work permit.
- For master’s students, however, there is good news. On completing your master’s course, you can apply for and get a temporary residence permit, for a period of 24 months.
So, Indian students in France can now stay in the country even after completion of their studies.
Stay back in France after graduation
A student after graduation in France can stay back only when he has paid employment. Students who are already employed usually are eligible to apply for a residence permit. This stands true for both the undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Without the promise of employment, a non-European graduate student may request for an APS(Autorisation Provisoire de Séjour) which is a temporary resident permit. It is valid for 12 months and is non-renewable, while they look for employment in France. To do this, they must have a professional Bachelors or a Masters degree.
Stay back in France after masters
In France, however this rule gets a little relaxed for post graduate students. Unlike the undergraduate pass outs who are only entitled to get a residence permit on having a paid employment, the post graduate students can apply and are eligible to acquire a temporary residence permit for a duration of about 12 to 24 months. Though this is an actually nonrenewable temporary visa. This does not allow you to get recruited here on a permanent basis and also limit the time and duration to work per week.
After the completion of these 2 years you must leave France if you are otherwise unable to find a permanent job in the same place. Keeping all the facts together it is always advised to take proper and specific information first by contacting the visa office or the French consulate in your home country and then proceed for the application procedure.
Work permit after study in France
A work permit in France after masters is a great option for students who wish to stay in the country for a long time after they complete their studies. This gives them extra time to find a job and gain permanent residence, pay off student loan debts or enhance their resumes by getting work experience in international companies. post-study work permit.
There are different kinds of France student visa to stay back and students need to check which one allows them to stay back after study in France.
- Students who are enrolled in short-term courses with a duration of 6 months or less are not allowed to stay in France after their course completion. They must leave the country, however, they can come back after applying for a work permit again.
- VLT-TS visa allows international students to stay in France for two years after the completion of their course to look for employment, on the condition that they have finished their Master’s degree or higher from the institute of France.
If you are successful in finding a work which gives you a salary of at least 1.5 times the minimum wage, then you can contact your local administration to change your status from student to employee and allows you to work full-time. You will get a post study work visa in France.
Study in France Requirements and Work Permit in France:
International students in France are only eligible for the minimum wage offered by the government. And it is actually propagated that if a student becomes able to find an employment which guarantees him far more than that, he or she shall immediately Apply for work visa in France after masters because that means that he has succeeded in a full time employability in this country.
Lastly the rules and regulations for the post study work permit in France get rigid or flexible according to the nationality you possess. Be very sure about the terms and conditions before deciding and applying finally.
Top 5 Engineering Universities in France
Top Student Cities to Look Forward in France
How to Apply at Universities in France to Study Abroad