Study in UK for FREE in 2019 - 2020
Study Abroad Scholarships for colleges are boon to international students willing to Study in UK. There are many private and government scholarships for international students in UK. They not only pay for your tuition fees, but also provide allowances for other expenses. If you want to apply for scholarship, here is the list of scholarships (fully funded) to study in UK.
1. British Chevening Scholarships for International Students
British Chevening Scholarships are commonwealth scholarship, and are funded by the FCO (Foreign and Commonwealth Office). It is a significant scholarship just for the number of awards to offer. Chevening Scholarships are granted to more than 1500 students in from 140 countries.
College / University: Any University in the UK
Courses Eligible: Full time Taught Master’s Degree in any subject
Scholarships Include: Course Tuition Fees, Monthly living expenses, Economy Class return airfare to UK, additional grants and allowances.
- Must be a citizen of Chevening Country, the list of 162 countries round the world.
- Return to home country for minimum 2 years after the scholarship has ended.
- Two years of work experience.
- An Acceptance letter from the Universities in UK.
- English Language Proficiency Proof.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 6 November, every year.
2. Gates Cambridge Scholarships for International Students
Gates is another one from the most prestigious Scholarships in UK. It is awarded to academically strong students who are promising, and are citizens from the country outside of UK.
College / University: University of Cambridge, UK
Courses Eligible: PhD, MLitt or MSc, or any one-year postgraduate course
Scholarships Include: Full cost of studying at Cambridge, travel costs, maintenance allowances, family allowance, fieldwork etc.
- Citizen of a country outside of United Kingdom
- Applying for PhD, MLitt, MSc or any full time one-year postgraduate program
Scholarship Application Deadline: 10 October for USA students and 05 December for others, annually.
3. Clarendon Fund Scholarships at University of Oxford
Not as big as Chevening Scholarships, bur Clarendon is another prestigious Scholarship when it comes to number of awards. Every years, more than around 140 scholarships are granted to the students from all around the world, who have strong academic background and show potential.
College / University: University of Oxford, UK
Courses Eligible: Any full time Graduate and Master’s Programs excluding PG Diploma and Certificate Courses.
Scholarships Include: All the tuition and college fees, £14,777 annually for living costs for the duration of the course.
Eligibility Criteria: Outstanding Academic Background and Potential as a graduate student.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 25 January, annually.
4. Warwick Chancellor’s International Scholarships
Warwick Chancellor’s is allocated via a postgraduate research competition. It is available to all international students accepted for any discipline for PhD.
College / University: University of Warwick, UK
Courses Eligible: PhD in any discipline at the University of Warwick
Scholarships Include: Full payment of Tuition fees up to £22,860 and A maintenance stipend of £15,044 For 3.5 years
- Must be accepted in a PhD discipline offered at University of Warwick.
- Students already in first year of PhD at Warwick can also apply.
- No specific country requirements, student must be from outside of UK.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 18 January, annually.
5. Westminster International Scholarships
Available to the students who are from developing countries, anyone can apply for Westminster International Scholarships, given that they are accepted for a full time Master’s program at Westminster.
College / University: University of Westminster, UK
Courses Eligible: Full time Master’s Program at Westminster University, except MBA.
Scholarships Include: Tuition Fees, Accommodation, Living allowances and flight fare of to and from London.
- Must be from the developing country listed in the eligibility criteria on the scholarship website
- Holds an offer to study a full time master’s program at University of Westminster.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The Scholarship Application Deadline for Westminster International Scholarships is 13 October, annually.