Most of the students, even if they fetch good marks in entrance exams, have to prepare a declaration such as the ‘Statement of Purpose’ for getting admitted to Law Programs. SOP is essential for all students who wish to secure a seat in their desired law schools.
What is a ‘Statement of Purpose-SOP’?
The Statement of Purpose is a formal document that helps the applicant to introduce herself/himself to the selection committee. It is a personal statement that is considered to be the vital part of the application formalities. Most of the Law schools, do not conduct a personal interview for the admission of Masters in Law. In that case, this document still becomes more predominant.
If you are looking for an entry into the desired law program, then this document becomes the most significant paper in which you are to submit everything about you in a written manner. Hence, this is the best chance to deliver yourself, about past, future goals and your intention. And thus you need to be very careful in preparing the same, taking ample time to design it.
What should be the content of the SOP?
Here are some of the points that you should consider and add into your valuable SOP:
- Entire background details
- Past Academic and extra-curricular achievements
- Work Experiences Proofs, if applicable
- Motivation to apply for the Masters of Law
- The exact reason to choose the particular Law School
- Your contribution towards the Law School
- Future Goals
- How does studying the Law, help you in upgrading your career goals
- Why should the admission committee select you
These are some of the essential points that are to be presented with a scholarly writing in you SOP for Law Programs. And also check for the exact demands of each of the Law institution you apply. Since all do not insist on the same details. According to the requirement, you should add more factors into your SOP.
Few more facts to be kept in mind before writing SOP:
- Concentrate more on your grammar and spellings. You must use an active voice. Make sure about the formatting guidelines of each of the specific Law schools.
- The ideas written must be clear, lively and should have interesting facts about your life.
- You must answer all part of the questions demanded by the Law Schools without skipping.
- Take sufficient time in putting words into it; that should be certain in your own words.
- You should not copy and paste other’s SOP ideas. You should not try to lie in these statements.
- You should not write about your family ethics, but the content should be purely personal.
- You are not supposed to write more words than expected nor you should ever try to furnish details about you that are not demanded.
The SOP has the potential to build up or break your career all in one blow. So, you must take great care in writing it. A well-prepared SOP will create a good impression in an instant.
Check Law Universities by countries:
Law Colleges in the USA
Law Colleges in Canada
Law Colleges in France
Law Colleges in Germany
Law Colleges in the Netherlands