There are two primary intakes for Universities in Spain for international students. Interestingly, for the same universities in Spain, there are three application deadlines. The two intakes for the Universities in Spain along with the admission cycle and deadlines are explained below:
The Fall intake for Universities in Spain starts in October. There are two deadlines to apply for fall intake. The first one falls in early June, and the other one, called the late application deadline for the Universities in Spain falls in early September. However, it is always better to apply during the first deadline.
The Spring Intake for Universities in Spain starts in February. There is only one application deadline for the spring admission cycle in Spain, and the application deadline falls in early December for the Spring intake in Spain.
6 Easy Steps to Study in October Intake in Spain 2021
Step 1: Start Now!
- The application process starts with choosing the right course and University. Shortlist the courses and Universities in Spain that you are interested in, and look for the admission requirements.
- The application requirements and eligibility criteria can be found on the official websites of the Universities. See the exams required, course details, and most important of them all, the admission deadlines for the course you are looking to study in Spain. The application deadlines differ from course to course and University to University in Spain.
Step 2: Appear for the Exams: March 2021 to April 2021
- One of the key eligibility criteria is the exams required for admission. There are common graduate tests like GRE and GMAT, which are taken for assessment of the knowledge, and then there are IELTS and TOEFL that are English Language Proficiency. Check the website to understand which exam to take, and what are the minimum scores required.
- The test is a time-consuming process. You will need time to prepare for the exam, book the exam and wait for the results. You might also need to retake the exam, and that will take time, too.
Step 3: Start Applying to Colleges: April 2021 to May 2021
- The other application requirement at Universities in Spain will be documents like SOP (Statement of Purpose) and LORs (Letters of Recommendations).
- Start the documentation process a month before the application deadlines. SOP should tell the university about your academic background and future and how the said university will allow you to reach there. Letters of recommendation are written by former employers and professors, highlighting your academic and professional ethics.
- Once you are done with all the requirements, submit the applications to Universities in Spain before the due date.
Step 4 - Acceptance Letters and Interviews: May 2021 to June 2021
- If there is a development in your application at the Universities in Spain, you will be notified. Reply to the University if you are positive about attending the course proffered.
- Students should not wait for the deadlines to send the confirmation. There might be some non-refundable confirmation fees to study at Universities in Spain. In addition, some universities will ask you to appear for the video interviews.
Step 5: Spain Visa Application/Education Loan: July 2021 to August 2021
- As soon as you get the acceptance letter, the process of the Spain Visa Application should start. It is one of the most time-consuming processes, so you should apply for a Spain student Visa at least three months before the departure.
- Spain visa application will need you to have to show proof of monetary funds. If you want to apply for Education Loan, you need to apply for the same before the visa application process starts. Study Abroad Scholarships are another great way of funding your expenses abroad.
Step 6 - Tickets and Departure: August 2021 to September 2021
- You are almost ready to fly. After getting the visa, look for the accommodation option in Spain, if you will not be living on-campus. It is advisable to arrive in Spain a month before the semester start.
- You should also get a credit/debit card for yourself. Make a checklist for all the things you will need during the flight and in Spain. A pre-departure list will always ensure that you do not miss anything important.
6 Easy Steps to Study in February Intake in Spain 2022
Step 1: Start Now!
- You should begin as early as possible. The first step is to shortlist the programs and Universities in Spain that you would like to Study in. Look for the courses related to your field of study, courses you are interested in, and the Universities in Spain offering those courses.
- On the University websites, you will find the course eligibility requirements and the process that you need to follow to be enrolled at the university. Look for admission deadlines also. The deadlines to apply change with the Universities in Spain, and sometimes change with the courses in the same University.
Step 2: Appear for the Exams: September 2021 to October 2021
- Another important admission requirement is entrance exams and language tests. More or less, each of the Universities in Spain has a standardised test to assess the applicants. The most common exams required are GMAT and GRE. As admission criteria, there might be some minimum required scores. It is the same with the English Language tests, IELTS and TOEFL.
- You will need time to prepare, book and appear for the exam. Then results take time to be declared. If the results are not enough for the Universities in Spain, you might have to retake the exam. So before applying, keep all the time consumption in mind.
Step 3: Start Applying to Colleges: October 2021 to November 2021
- If you have already shortlisted the Universities in Spain, and have the scores for required tests, start your application process from here. The Application Process should start at least a month before the admission deadline. Along with your application, you will need supporting documents like SOP and LORs.
- SOP is a statement of purpose, telling the University about your academic background, and career plans. It should also tell why you are the perfect fit for the university you are applying to. Letters of Recommendation are written by your former employers and professors at the college/university you have studied the latest.
- Apply before the due date when you are ready with the application and documents.
Step 4 - Acceptance Letters and Interviews: November 2021 to December 2021
- If there is any development in your application, you will receive an email notification from the Universities in Spain. If you are interested in attending the course, you should send an affirmation for the same.
- Do not wait till the deadlines while replying to Universities in Spain. As soon as you have decided on something, let the Universities know that you are interested. There are also video interviews for some Universities.
- You might be asked to pay non-refundable fees for the confirmation.
Step 5: Spain Visa Application/Education Loan: December 2021 to January 2021
- The Spain Visa Application starts as soon as you get the acceptance letter. Getting a Visa is a time-consuming process. You should apply for Spain Visa at least three months before the departure.
- One of the Spain Visa requirements is proof of fund to sustain yourself in Spain. Apply for an Education Loan before you apply for the Visa. Another option is to Apply for scholarships in Spain. If you are eligible for any of them, apply for that, too.
Step 6 - Tickets and Departure: January 2021 to February 2021
- Now would be the time to fly. Look for accommodation in Spain, ideally a month before the semester starts. An international credit or debit card will be extremely helpful in a foreign country.
- Arrive a month before your semester starts. Before flying, make a pre-departure checklist for yourself, so you do not miss anything important, and everything stays in the place.