There are two different intakes in Hungary for International Students. Fall and Spring Intake. Hungary intake for international students are described below:
- In Hungary, the fall semester starts in September to the end of January.
- The spring semester starts in February and lasts until the end of June.
|Major Intakes in Hungary
||Details about Study Intakes in Hungary
||It is Primary Intake. All universities offer all the courses to international students
||It is Secondary Intake. Plenty of courses available for students who missed fall intake
Lets Deep dive into the Intakes in Hungary
Fall Intake in Hungary
It is the primary intake for the students who want to Study in Hungary. Most of the students prefer fall intake to study in Hungary, as it will give them enough time to be conditioned to the studies and the environment.
- Duration: September, October, November, December, January
- Fall Intake is also called September Intake.
- This intake is offered by the majority of universities with a large number of seats available in almost all the courses, compared to the spring Intake.
When should I apply for September intake in Hungary?
You can apply for September intake in Hungary in August 2020 to October 2020. Do some research on the Intake application deadline of the university you want to study in and make sure to apply at least a month before your deadline. Don’t delay in replying to the emails of the university.
Deadlines for September intake in Hungary
Deadlines for September intake applications generally fall between December and March. However, it differs from university to university. For this autumn semester the common deadline is 15th of February.
Spring Intake in Hungary
Spring intake can be seen as the continuation of the fall intake. You can find plenty of institutes that offer courses in spring intake.
- Duration: February, March, April, June
- Spring intake in Hungary is also called February Intake.
When should I Apply for Spring Intake in Hungary?
Students can apply for spring intake in January 2021 to March 2021 in Hungary. Mostly, the students who could not get admission in fall intake go to Hungary in the spring intake. Students will get another chance to complete their studies without waiting for a whole year.
Deadlines for Spring Intake Hungary
Application Deadline for this intake usually comes between May and June. However, application deadlines vary from university to university. For the spring semester common deadline is 15th of November.
6 Steps to Study in Spring Intake in Hungary 2021
If you are planning to study in Hungary and wish to go for Spring 2021 intake, here is the timeline for it. Information about when to apply for Spring 2021 intake in Hungary, What is the process from start to end, universities in Hungary for Spring 2021 intake, and all about last dates to apply for Spring 2021 intake in Hungary.
Step 1: Start Now!
- Most of the colleges have a first come first serve admission policy for Spring intake in Hungary, so you need to start your application process as early as possible. Keep in mind the deadlines of the universities in Hungary for Spring 2021 intake and start your preparations accordingly.
- Before that, select the colleges and universities that you are interested in. Do proper research on the list of colleges in Hungary for Spring 2021 intake and then, see what are the courses available in Spring intake 2021, select the ones that suit your academic and career goals. Each University has its application deadlines, so take note of it and consider it before planning.
Step 2: Take the Required Exams: July 2020 to August 2020
- Start your preparation for standardised exams such as GMAT or GRE, before two months of the test. Register and take the required exams as per your university requirements.
- You should take your English language test such as the IELTS/TOEFL exam, depending on the course and university requirements, before applying for the institutes.
- Keep in mind that it will take some time for the results of the test to be declared. Also, keep one buffer month in case you are required to retake the exam because of any undesired result.
Step 3: Start Applying to Colleges: August 2020 to October 2020
- Look for Spring 2021 intake colleges in Hungary, shortlist the colleges and Universities before the due dates for the respective institutes. Start applying for colleges. The documentation processes for application should start at least a month before the due date.
- Connect with your Managers and professors to get the Letter of recommendation.
- Start preparing your Statement of Purpose(SOP). It must highlight your strengths and present you as a unique applicant.
- Most of the spring intake colleges in Hungary 2021 will have their deadline set in for July. Some deadlines might be as late as mid- September, but keep yourself updated with the deadlines for Spring 2021 from the university website.
Step 4: Acceptance Letters and Interviews: October 2020 to December 2020
- If you are shortlisted by the Colleges in Hungary, they will email you. Do not be late in replying to them. Appear for your personal or video interviews as scheduled by the university.
- If you get a positive response from the university, take a quick decision. Reply to them as quickly as possible. Some of the institutions follow first come first serve policy. Do not wait for the application deadlines to reply.
- You will be required to pay a non-refundable confirmation deposit to confirm your seat in the college.
Step 5: Apply for Visa and Education Loan: October 2020 to December 2020
- As soon as you get the admission letter, apply for an education loan if required, without any delay. Loan processes take some time, and the candidate should always consider while planning to apply.
- Assemble all the documents required for your student visa application. Apply for the student visa for Hungary on time as the processing for a visa will also take some time. For More information, check this: Student Visa in Hungary.
- If required, apply for an external scholarship as well, as soon as you get the admission letter from your college or university.
Step 6: Tickets and Departure: December 2020 to January 2020
- You are almost ready to fly! Book your airline tickets.
- Most of the classes in Hungary will start in early February, so it is advisable to reach there by January and look for accommodations on or off the campus.
- Before flying, collect all your essential documents and their photocopies.
- Get the required international currencies before departure, and make sure you have marked every checkbox in your pre-departure checklist. Get ready to study in Hungary intake 2021.
List of colleges in Hungary for February 2021 intake
Here we have mentioned January intake universities in Hungary for international students:
6 Steps to Study in September intake in Hungary 2021
For either bachelor studies or a Masters in Hungary, the first thing you require is an action plan. Here is a September intake in Hungary 2021 application timeline to give you an idea about what to do and in which month to do if you want to study in Hungary!!!
Step 1: Start early: July 2020 to September 2020
- Begin early and by August, shortlist the universities in Hungary that you want to apply to. Visit university websites and note admission requirements, due dates etc.
- By September, get familiar with all the bank loan options and scholarships to support your studies in Hungary.
- Do need to do some thorough research on the different accommodation options according to your budget.
Step 2: Crack the exams: June 2020 to December 2020
- Prepare for required standardized tests like GMAT, GRE, SAT, TOEFL or IELTS depending upon the course and university.
- Register for GMAT/GRE at least three months before the test date
- Enrol for TOEFL/IELTS no less than a month before the test date.
- Take the required exams after proper planning as you will need some buffer time in case you need to retake the test.
Step 3: Its application time: October 2020 to November 2020
- Shortlist the universities and prepare for your application. Highlight your strength and also present what makes you unique as an applicant.
- Get connected with your professors and direct managers for the required Letter of recommendation.
- You should also start working on your statement of purpose(SOP). Give a month to structure them, so that you can present yourself to the university.
- Get the ready at least one month before your application due date and apply before the due date!
Step 4: What next: December 2020 to March 2021
- If you receive emails from the university you have applied to, without any delay reply to them.
- Appear for video interviews as scheduled by the university.
- Once you get admission letters, make your decision as soon as possible. Inform the universities about your final decision.
- You will be required to pay a confirmation deposit which is non-refundable to confirm your seat in the university.
Step 5: Visa and money matters: April 2021 to July 2021
- Search for and begin applying for external scholarships in Hungary (if relevant).
- Apply for the education loan, after you get your acceptance letter. (if required)
- Gather all the documents required for your student visa. Check visa prerequisites.
- You need to check and apply online for the Hungary study visa September intake 2021
- Apply for a student visa on time. You should keep in mind the time taken for visa processing and plan accordingly.
Step 6: Get ready to fly: July 2021 to August 2021
- Book your airline tickets and get ready to fly.
- Organize International currencies.
- Assemble all the documents and their photocopies, to take along.
- Check out the Pre-departure checklist and make sure to pack everything you will need in Hungary.
Universities for September intake Hungary
Which intake to opt for?
You might be quite confused to decide the intake that will suit you better. We are here to help you choose the intakes. You should consider the following factors while choosing the intake:
- Availability of your preferred course.
- Acceptance rates.
- Your academic records.
- Standardized test scores.
- Job opportunities available.
- Your readiness to join the university.
However, most of the overseas students prefer to go for September intake in Hungary. January intake is also good for many programs. If you do not have your documents ready until the application date, it is better to skip the current intake and apply for the next intake in the country.