New Zealand as a business education destination offers a wide range of MBA opportunities and sustainable career prospects. Most of the candidates who are looking to play the role of aspiring managers prefer to pursue MBA from New Zealand. Its high-quality education, affordable courses, and the presence of a robust economy attract many international students from all over the world.
How To Apply for MBA in New Zealand?
International Students looking forward to studying MBA in New Zealand must start their process as soon as possible. As there is high competition in the international market, wasting a single day after planning can cost you a loss of admission. The following steps will help you to reach your study abroad destination, Newzealand for MBA:
- Identify your academic and career goals. Based on it, set your interest and preference.
- Make a list of universities after exploring them online. These universities should match your goal and preferences
- As soon as the list is ready, check the eligibility criteria.
- Find out the documents required for the admission process in that specific university.
- Prepare and appear for exams required such as TOEFL, IELTS, GRE etc.
- Start assembling your documents. Keep them ready
- Now you are prepared for the application. Do not waste time and go for it.
These steps are discussed in detail in the next part of the article. Go through each step, make note of important points and reach your destination.
Identify your academic and career goals
Before choosing the university/college in New Zealand, identify your academic goals, interests, preferences and career goals. Only based on these you can decide where to start from. Management Students planning to study in New Zealand have the benefit of being able to choose from a large pool of specialisations. Some of the popular MBA specialisations in New Zealand are:
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Accounting
- MBA in Human-resource
- MBA in Management & Marketing
- MBA in Healthcare management,
- MBA in Logistics
- MBA in Marketing Management
- MBA in Project Management
You should also choose from the different modules of MBA Programs. Here are the options
- Executive MBA
- Full-Time MBA
- Part-Time MBA
- One year MBA
Shortlist the MBA Universities in New Zealand
After deciding your specialisation and type, it’s time to explore the universities in New Zealand. Go through the websites of the universities, check the campus location, fee structure, and the total duration of the entire course. Shortlist those that match your interests and budget. Here is the list of top Universities for MBA in New Zealand.
- Victoria University of Wellington
- University of Otago
- University of Auckland
- University of Waikato
- Massey University
- University of Canterbury
- Auckland University of Technology
Eligibility for admissions in MBA in New Zealand
Each university in New Zealand has its very own set of rules and regulations for admission. Check the eligibility criteria of your shortlisted universities. Generally, the eligibility criteria for MBA programs in New Zealand are as follows:-
- Bachelor's Degree – Students applying for an MBA in New Zealand universities must have a three-year bachelor's degree, equivalent to New Zealand Bachelor degree.
- Work Experience – Most New Zealand universities ask for a minimum of 3-4 years of work experience
- TOEFL/IELTS – Students need to have a valid TOEFL or IELTS score (6.5 overall with all bands 6 or higher) for admission to MBA programs in New Zealand universities.
- GRE/GMAT -You may be required to provide a GRE/ GMAT score to prove your academic abilities.
Document requirements for studying MBA in New Zealand
MBA universities in New Zealand ask for a set of supporting documents from the international students while applying for admissions. Document requirements vary with the universities and programs you choose to study. However, the common documents required are:
- Application form
- a detailed resume.
- a reference letter from your employer.
- official transcript from each college or university
- official records of your previous academic qualifications
- A photocopy of a valid Passport.
- Medical and Chest X-ray Certificate
- Statement of purpose
Appear for the Exams
You will need to have a valid TOEFL or IELTS score of 6.5 overall with all bands 6 or higher for admission to MBA programs in New Zealand universities. You may also be required to submit GMAT, GRE or relevant admission tests. So register, prepare and appear for the required exams before it is too late.
Collect your required documents.
Once you complete your test, start assembling your documents. Being ready with your documents will make your application process in the MBA universities in New Zealand easier. Here are few steps you need to take:
- Ask your managers and professors, to write and issue a letter of recommendation
- Draft a well-written Statement of Purpose.
- Collect your test scores.
- Assemble all the documents related to your academics
- Keep your passport ready
New Zealand universities allow international students to apply online through their official university websites. You would be required to download the application form and submit the same along with a complete set of documents and follow the instructions provided. Once, you have successfully submitted his application form along with the required documents, you would be required to pay an Application Fee for his registration. You are advised to keep an eye on the university submission deadlines, you should apply at the earliest and not wait until the last moment
If you are successful, you will be invited for an interview before the final selection. Interviews may be conducted either on-call or through other electronic modes of communication such as skype.. International students travelling to New Zealand to study for more than three months are required to apply for a Student Visa.
You should also check the following articles
Checklist Before going to Study in New Zealand
Stay back and Work permit after Study In New Zealand
Five Best Reasons to Study in New Zealand