Published date: 29th December 2021
New Zealand Universities are some of the most underrated universities in the world among English Speaking Countries. It is home to some of the most technically advanced Universities in the world. Studying in New Zealand should definitely be on your list if you are looking to study abroad. And when you decide on it, this is the guide you should refer to. It presents you with the Requirements to Study in New Zealand as an International Student
Documents required for the admission application process
If you want to apply to any university in New Zealand, you need to meet certain requirements. You need to submit some of the supporting documents while applying. By checking the below-provided Checklist for Newzealand, organize all your documents before applying for admission to any University in New Zealand.
- Passport - A valid passport must be submitted. Photo Copies of the passport’s first and last pages
- Photographs - Your Passport Size Photographs must be submitted.
- Application Form - It is the entry form that you need to fill carefully to get admission to your selected university. You can fill the admission application forms online or offline depending on their availability.
- English proficiency exam scores - For any of the courses in New Zealand, the candidates should take the English language tests to prove their efficiency in English.
- Competitive Exam Scores - For any admission to Newzealand Universities, you need to take some entrance exams like GRE/GMAT/SAT. Depending on the course you are applying to, you need to take the respective exam and need to send the xerox copies of the Scores supporting the required entrance exam.
- For any undergraduate courses, you should take SAT Exam
- For the postgraduate course, you need to take the GRE Exam.
- To pursue any business program in Newzealand Universities candidates should take the GMAT Exam.
- Academic Certificates - Along with the application form, you need to submit the academic certificates and degree in support of your educational qualifications. The Academic Certificates include
- 10th Grade Transcripts and Certificate.
- 12th Grade Transcripts and Certificate.
- Bachelor’s Transcripts and Degree (for Masters or PG Programs Only).
- Master’s Transcripts and Degree (if available).
- Diploma Transcripts and Certificate (if available).
- Other Diplomas or Certificates (if available).
- Statement of Purpose - The statement of purpose acts as an introduction to who you are, what you have done, and why you are interested in a given program. Your SOP must include:
- a clear display of interest in the study program to which you are applying,
- a description of prior academic and professional achievements,
- Explanation of how the specific program matches your long-term career goals, and
- a conclusion tying this all together by highlighting why you deserve a seat in the university in New Zealand.
- Two letters of recommendation - Universities in New Zealand ask for recommendations of former professors and mentors into account when deciding whether or not to offer admission to you. Universities strongly suggest that you should request such letters of reference from professors or Managers with whom you have worked very closely.
- Experience Certificates - If you are applying for any Business Program you must have experience in the relevant field to get admission to any Business School in Newzealand. The major documents in proof of work experience that include in the Checklist for Newzealand are
- Latest Joining Letter.
- Latest Salary Slip.
- Employment Certificates from all Previous Employers.
- Experience letter.
- Any Other Documents (Extra Curricular Activities)
After submitting your application wait for the university to verify your documents. If everything goes well, they will send you the offer letter. You will get detailed information here: How to Apply to Universities in New Zealand?
Documentation required for New Zealand student visa
Once you have received the offer letter you can apply for the Student Visa for New Zealand by submitting the required documents. You can start the visa process. To apply for a visa to New Zealand, you will require the following documents:
- Your passport, valid for at least 3 months after your intended period of stay in New Zealand
- An acceptance letter from a university in New Zealand. This must state the minimum course duration and total tuition fee.
- Proof of suitable accommodation is available to you in New Zealand
- Tuition fee receipt showing payment to date
- Academic documents such as transcripts, degrees, diplomas, or certificates
- Current student visa application form
- Passport-size photographs
- Show proof that you have sufficient funds to manage your living and study expenses throughout the period of your stay in New Zealand.
- Proof that you will leave New Zealand after the completion of your studies.
- Full medical examination.
- A police verification certificate if you are 17 or more than 17 years of old. This must be presented only if you plan to study for more than 24 months.
If you fail to present accurate documents, your visa application might get rejected. To avoid visa rejection, check this out: New Zealand Student Visa Rejection: Reasons and appeals
Language Proficiency Tests
International students must have to pass any of the required English language proficiency tests if they are planning to study in New Zealand.
- Internet-based TOEFL
- Paper-based TOEFL
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic
Financial requirements proof for Netherlands student visa
For student visa applications for New Zealand, applicants need to show enough financial capabilities to survive while studying in New Zealand. You will need to show NZ$ 15,000 for a full year of study or NZ$1,250 per month. Here are the ways to provide financial proof to Study in New Zealand for International Students:
- A Bank statements
- If you have obtained a scholarship program- submit the scholarship statement covering your expenses.
- If Financial responsibility is undertaken by a sponsor, you must provide a written statement from the sponsor to cover your living and studying costs while you are studying in New Zealand.
We hope this article was helpful for you. For any additional details, you can visit the website of the New Zealand university. There you will find the exact checklist of documents required to submit for your chosen course and visa documents list. You can contact us for any queries. Feel free to reach us.!!
You should not miss the following articles
Checklist Before going to Study in New Zealand
Most Employable Courses in New Zealand for International Students
Stay back and Work permit after Study In New Zealand