Intakes in Ireland
If you want to Study in Ireland, the first things to look at will be admission cycles at Universities in Ireland. There are two main intakes for Irish Universities: Autumn Intake (September / October) and the Spring Intake, which starts from February. If you are applying to Irish Universities, these are the intakes, study in Ireland requirements and timelines that you should follow:
Ireland Intakes for International Students
1. Autumn/Fall Intake at Irish Universities:
The Fall Intake is the main intake at the Universities in Ireland. All the Irish Universities offer most of the courses in Autumn Intake. The Fall semester in Ireland usually starts in September. If you wish to apply for the Fall Semester, follow the steps given below to make the application process easy.
2. Spring Intake:
The Spring Intake is not for every course and University. The Irish Universities and the courses on offer are less than the Fall Intake. Spring Intake in Ireland starts in February. The timelines to follow and the Universities in Ireland for the Spring Intake are given below:
6 Steps to Study in September Intake in Ireland 2023
Step 1: Start Now!
- The first step of the process of studying in Ireland for the September Intake is to choose the courses and the Universities. Irish Universities offer most of their courses in the Fall semester. Pick the ones that you are interested in. The courses you choose should be aligned with your study and career goals, and affordability.
- Universities in Ireland have different deadlines for the different courses. And all the information about the courses, study in Ireland requirements, and admission deadlines can be found on the official website of the Universities.
Step 2: Appear for the Exams: February 2023 to March 2023
- The next step is to fulfill the eligibility criteria to Study in Ireland. If you want to study at an English Speaking Irish University, IELTS and TOEFL are the requirements. You will need some minimum scores to be eligible.
- Other academic tests while applying to Irish Universities are GRE and GMAT. All the tests need preparation time, time to book for the exams, and results will also take time. You might have to appear for exams again in case of undesired results. Keep all the time taken in mind for the exams.
Step 3: Start Applying to Colleges: April 2023 to May 2023
- If you are ready with the list of Irish Universities you want to apply to and fulfill the test requirements, the next step is to apply for them.
- Along with the online application, you will need supporting documents like SOP and LORs. SOPs are written to tell the selectors at Irish Universities telling how you are the perfect fit for the University you are applying to.
- Contact your supervisors and professors to write Letters of recommendation for you. The process of documentation should start a month before the application deadlines. Once you have everything in place, apply before the respective deadlines.
Step 4 - Acceptance Letters and Interviews: May 2023 to June 2023
- If there is any development in your application, the Irish Universities that you have applied to will let you know. You are supposed to revert, in case you are interested in attending the course on offer.
- Do not wait for the deadlines to reply, you should affirm your allotment as soon as you reach a decision. There might also be non-refundable confirmation fees, and video interviews in some cases.
Step 5: Ireland Study Visa/Education Loan: June 2023 to July 2023
- Once you have received an acceptance letter from one of the Universities in Ireland, now is the time to apply for Student visa in Ireland. Keep in mind that the procedure for a Visa can take time, so apply for one at least three months before departure.
- The visa process requires you to have proof of monetary funds to sustain yourself while you study in Ireland. If you wish to arrange an Education Loan for yourself, do it before applying for a visa. Another way to fund your expenses is studied abroad scholarships.
Step 6 - Tickets and Departure: July 2023 – August 2023
- Studying in Ireland is just one step away now. Book your flights in a way that you arrive in Ireland a month before the September semester start. If you are residing off-campus, you will need to look for accommodation options on your own.
- Before flying, make a pre-departure checklist to make sure you do not miss anything important. You will also need an international debit or credit card for yourself.
6 Steps to Study in February Intake in Ireland 2024
Step 1 : Start Now!
- Start as early as possible. The first thing you need to do is to shortlist the courses and Universities in Ireland. Look for the courses that you would attend, be it academic compatibility or interest in the subject.
- While applying to Irish Universities, look for the admission requirements, university fees, and most important of all, the admission deadlines for the universities in Ireland. All the details can be found on the official websites of the Universities.
Step 2 : Appear for the Exams: September 2023 to October 2023
- There are some common entrance tests like GRE and GMAT. If there are some minimum scores required, you must score adequately to get admission. Language tests are to prove your proficiency in English. The most notable English Language Proficiency tests you can take are IELTS and TOEFL.
- Preparation of the exam, results, and the booking of the exams are some of the procedures that take time. In case of undesirable results, you might want to reappear for the tests. Keep all that in mind when you start applying to Irish Universities.
Step 3 : Start Applying to Colleges: October 2023 to November 2023
- Once you have shortlisted all the Irish Universities you are interested in and ready with the test results, now would be the time to start the application process. The application will need supporting documents like SOP (statement of purpose) and LORs (Letters of Recommendation).
- The SOP, as the name suggests, holds the details of your academic background, and the intent of why you are willing to study at Universities in Ireland. Letters of Recommendation should be written by your immediate supervisors if you have work experience; or by your professors from the institution of your latest studies.
- After you are ready with all the documents, apply before the deadlines.
Step 4 : Acceptance Letters and Interviews: November 2023 to December 2023
- Irish Universities will revert you with the status of your application. You are needed to reply with an affirmation that you are willing to attend the course.
- Once you make the decision, reply immediately to the University that you are interested to attend the course. There might also be video interviews for some Irish Universities. If you are positive about attending the course, do not wait for the deadlines to reply.
- There might be a non-refundable confirmation fee to be paid.
Step 5 : Ireland Study Visa/Education Loan: December 2023 to January 2024
- As soon as you get the acceptance letter from the University, the process for the Ireland Study Visa should start. Look for the guidelines to apply for an Ireland study Visa for international students.
- You need to have proof of enough monetary funds to apply for the Ireland Study Visa. If you wish to apply for the Education Loan, do that before the visa process. Study abroad scholarships is also an option.
- The Visa process can be time-consuming. Make sure you are applying for the Visa at least 3 months before departure.
Step 6 : Tickets and Departure: January 2024 to February 2024
- You are almost ready for Ireland! Arrive a month before the semester starts. If you are looking for accommodations off-campus, start looking for them a month before your program starts.
- Arrange an international credit or debit card for the necessary spending, and make a pre-departure checklist to make sure you do not miss anything important to carry before you fly.