Chinese universities normally contain two admission intakes every year,
- March Intake - The application for March intake starts from October to January next year
- September Intake - The application for September intake starts from February to August.
6 Steps to Study in March Intake in China 2021
If your study destination is China, and you want to apply for March intake, we bring you the timeline you can follow to apply at Universities in China to study in March 2021. But if you want to start in March, here are the deadlines and timeline for the steps you need to follow.
Step 1: Start Now!
- Most of the Chinese universities have a policy of first come first admission for March intake in China, and you would want to start your application process as early as possible. Please work according to the deadlines of the universities in China for the March 2021 intake.
- Before that, make a list of universities that suits your academic goal. Do thorough research on the list of colleges in China for the March 2021 intake. Also, check the courses available in China for March intake 2021, select the one that suits you the best for your academic and career goals.
Step 2: Take the Required Exams: September 2020 to October 2020
- Prepare for GMAT, GRE, SAT, TOEFL, and IELTS, two months before the test. Take the exams as per the admission requirements of the particular course in your chosen. If you are unable to take IELTS or TOEFL, you can take the Online IET test which is ready in less than 1 week.
- You should be taking your exams latest by October, before applying for the institutes.
- You should remember that it will take approximately 2 weeks for the declaration of test results, and an extra month should be kept, in case you want to retake the exam because of an unsatisfied result.
Step 3: Apply to the chosen Universities: October 2020 to November 2020
- Prepare your final university admission application. You must present yourself as a potential applicant through your application. It should also highlight your strengths.
- Connect with the required persons for the recommendation letters. By now you should start drafting your motivation letter or SOP (Statement of Purpose). The collection of all these documents should start at least 30 days before the deadline of the application.
- Most March intake universities in China will have their due dates fixed for December. Deadlines differ with the course and institute you choose. You should always keep checking the Universities deadlines for March 2021 from the university website
- Apply with all the arranged documents before the due date.
Step 4: Acceptance Letters and Interviews: November 2020 to January 2021
- University will mail you the decision after you have applied for the courses. Don’t take much time in replying to them. Appear for the interviews if asked.
- If you are offered a seat in your chosen university, take a quick decision of accepting it. Reply to them with your decision as early as possible. Do not wait for the deadlines of March intake colleges in China to reply.
- You will also be asked to pay a non-refundable deposit to confirm your admission to the college or university in China.
Step 5: Apply for Visa / Education Loan: December 2020 to January 2021
- If you choose to travel to China for march 2021 intake in this Pandemic situation: As soon as you get the admission letter, you should apply for a study visa. As visa application processing takes time, an applicant should always consider that before planning. If required, apply for a scholarship or education loan, as soon as you get the acceptance letter from the college/university.
- If you choose to study the course online you don’t need to apply for any student Visa.
Step 6: Covid-19 testing report and Departure: January 2021 to February 2021
- You are almost ready to fly! Book airline tickets. Before leaving the home country, collect all the necessary paperwork.
- If you are ready to go, then you should follow the new rules required for safety purposes.
- As per china international students news, those travelling to the country are required to carry 2 COVID-19 Tests taken less than 48 hours before the flight. Moreover, if you choose to travel from a connecting flight, you will also need to carry a COVID-19 test from the country of the stopover. Further, you will also be required to quarantine for 14 days, which will entirely be self-finance.
- Most of the semesters begin in early March, so it is suggested to reach China by February and look for accommodations on or off the campus.
September Intake in China 2021
The Fall Intake in China starts in September, it is considered the main intake by many. There is a large number, of course, available for the September Intake. If you are someone looking forward to study in September Intake for China, here is the timeline one needs to follow:
6 Steps to Study in September Intake in China 2021
Step 1: Start now
- Start shortlisting 10-12 top universities in China that you will apply to in January. Visit the Chinese university website and know the application requirements, deadlines, Covid precautions etc.
- By that time, be familiar with bank loan options and scholarships in China to support your studies if you are going to take classes offline.
- You should also gain some knowledge about the different accommodation options available in China for international students. You can research on the internet.
Step 2 - Crack the exams: January 2021 to February 2021
- Start the preparations for required international tests like IELTS, GMAT, GRE, TOEFL etc depending upon the course and university.
- If you are unable to take IELTS or TOEFL, you can take the Online IET test which is ready in less than 1 week.
- Take the appropriate tests for admission purposes and also plan for buffer time if the situation demands you to retake the test.
Step 3 - Its application time: March 2021 to April 2021
- Check out the list of requirements for the chosen universities in China offering study abroad programs in China, and prepare for your application. Try to make such an application that portrays you as an applicant and present your strengths and self-appraisal.
- Contact the required persons for the required 2-3 reference letters. Get them as early as possible before your application due date arrives.
- You should also start preparing a good SOP. Give a month to structure these documents appropriately.
- Apply before the due date!
Step 4 - What next: April 2021 to May 2021
- Do not delay in replying to the emails from the institution. If required also appear for the scheduled interviews by the university.
- Once you receive your admission offer letter, make your decision without delay.
- Reply to the universities about your decision before the due dates.
- You also have to deposit the amount of the tuition fee to confirm your admission.
Step 5 - Visa and money matters: June 2021 to July 2021
- There is no surety of what will be the pandemic situation in China then. Depending on the situation you have to decide whether you choose to study online in your home country or offline by travelling to China.
- If you choose to study offline, you will have to obtain a student visa for China.
- If required, search for and begin applying for external scholarships.
- Apply for a student loan if you are unable to arrange funds, as soon as you get your acceptance letter.
- Assemble all the documents and apply as required for the visa, scholarship or loan.
- Visa processing takes time. So, apply for it on time.
Step 6 - Get ready to fly: August 2021 - September 2021
- If you choose to attend classes in china, book airline tickets. Collect all the documents you will require in China.
- As per the current situation, entry into China will not be easy. You may be required to take a few COVID-19 Tests and maybe you have to be in quarantine which will entirely be self-funded. Yet there is no clarity of what position will be then.