If you have ever wished or dreamt to study and work in Poland, you must go through the rules and regulations of the residence permit and student visa and stay back options post studies. For Poland, the process is absolutely easy. There is a basic important rule for Post Study Visa in Poland requirements between the students belonging to European Union countries and the students who are outside that territory.

Stay back option in poland after studies

Post-study Visa in Poland: Work and Migration

For Non-EU and EEA citizens

If you are belonging to any other country except EEA or EU, you must apply for a long-term visa through the Polish embassy or consulate. For this, the enrollment certificate is essential. The visa is valid only for 1 year. Though the validity can be renewed in a local administrative office. This visa allows only 3 months to stay back in Poland. Now, if you want to prolong or extend the period of your stay and need a Post Study visa in Poland, the only, the only way you have is to apply for a residence permit. It is the general rule under the Polish government.

For applying for the permit, the students must have a valid proof of healthcare insurance policies and enough money to bear the cost of the stay. However, it is important that you apply for a temporary residence permit within 3 working days of entering Poland.

How to Plan for Study Abroad? - Step by Step Guide

Working in Poland: Can International Students Work in Poland?

The permission to access work is easily available in Poland though it again depends hugely on the citizenship of the student. Here the increase in wage is high and systematic. There is an option for the students to opt for work while doing paid studies.

For EU/EEA citizens

If you are a Citizen of the European Union and EEA countries, and Switzerland, you are eligible to work in Poland without a work permit. If you're a citizen of certain countries like Russia or Ukraine, your access to work in Poland without a work permit for six months to 1-year maximum is granted. In these cases, declaration or authorization of your employment is a must by the authority or employer.

Want to Study in Abroad? Get FREE Counselling From Admission to Visa Process

For non-EU/EEA citizens

For Non-EU citizens, working in Poland and post-study visas in Poland are easy and hassle-free. The students who have enrolled themselves as regular students in Poland are allowed to work in Poland without any specific work permit for full time during the breaks in Academic Institutes. For the rest of the year, they are allowed to work part-time, that is 20 hours a week. But always remember that the EU students will always get the maximum and highest priority for filling up the vacancy. Once the studies are over, a Post-study visa in Poland is necessary. Post studies always the work permit that is the stay permit is needed. A student visa won’t suffice for access to work post studies. The formalities are essential which must be done and organized by the employer as this is the mandatory proof. But after graduation, with the right extension in your Stay Back permit, you do not require any specific work permit for Poland. If you are a graduate student from one of the Universities in Poland, a work permit, even after the studies, is not required.

Study And Work in Poland for Indian Students

There is a gradual increase in the number of Indian students opting for Studying in Poland. The rules for Staying back, Study and working in Poland for Indian students are the same as the Non-EU students. They are allowed to work part-time jobs for the duration of their study program, and once it is over, based on the courses and level of study, Indian students are allowed to stay back and look for permanent skilled work for up to one year.

Top Rank University in Poland

How and When to get a Work in Poland After Study?

To get a job, one must have a good command of English. Languages like German, Spanish and French also work, but English is spoken more. To be ahead, before even arriving in Poland, one should start his or her networking and start looking for a job to work while studying in Poland.

However, one should apply for a student residency permit before signing a contract. An employed student will have to apply for a residency through the work, so it is advisable to get the student residency first, and then start with your work in Poland.

Stay Back in Poland After Masters and Bachelor’s

For EU/EEA citizens

EU and EEA citizens do not need a visa to stay in Poland. If you are an EU/EEA citizen, after a period of 3 months, you must visit a local administrative office and register for the post study visa in Poland. You must provide valid proof with regard to your healthcare and financial cost-bearing ability.

Non- EU/EEA citizens

If you are a Non-EU and EEA citizen, you must apply for a long-term visa at your local Polish embassy or consulate to gain a post study visa in Poland.

You might go through the official websites of these administrative offices for more details. Good luck.

Read Also:

About the Author:

Dhruv is Content Creator at He is fond of words and everything related to them. Writing about different things from around the world gives him immense pleasure, and a very healthy by-product is sharing the information and helping others in the process.

Categories: Poland

Apply Now!