Poland is progressing as one of the popular destinations for study abroad among Indian students for higher education. The country is full of life-long opportunities for young people looking for quality education, expand their knowledge, build skills, and increase international exposure. You will find a wide range of courses at affordable prices. Here is the guide to Study in Poland for Indian Students.
Education in Poland for Indian students
Higher education institutions in Poland can be public or private. The country has 400 higher education institutions. The higher education in Poland follows the Bologna Process, the system which is followed by all the countries of the European Union.
- Bachelors in Poland for Indian students
The Bachelor’s degree in Poland is given after the completion of a 3 year undergraduate programme. There are different programs available at the level of Bachelor’s degrees to study in Poland. The programme qualifies you to either take a reputed job or to pursue a Masters degree.
- Masters in Poland for Indian students
A Master’s degree program in Poland takes 1.5 to 2 years to complete. After completion of the program, you will earn the professional title of Master. MS in Poland for Indian students not only gives theoretical knowledge but also improves the application and development of creative skills. Upon the completion of your Master’s degree, you are free to move forward towards a job or enter a doctoral program.
- PhD in Poland for Indian students
PhD is accessible after graduating from a Master’s degree program. Generally, the polish PhD programme takes 3 to 4 years to complete. Since PhD is a research degree it is offered by universities as well as some research institutions To achieve PhD degree in Poland students must submit and successfully defend a doctoral dissertation before a committee of thesis and pass a doctoral exam.
Study in Poland for Indian students requirement
The requirements for Indian students to study in Poland are:
- A Student Visa is required.
- The student should have a good knowledge of English Language. For that, he can take IELTS or TOEFL to prove it.
- A valid passport.
- Official admission letter from the institution in Poland.
- A detailed CV.
- Your previous degrees, certificates and diplomas.
- Prove of having funds for studying and living in Poland.
- Health insurance.
Top Courses to Study in Poland
Here are the top courses to study in Poland for Indian students.
- Study Engineering in Poland
- Study Medicine in Poland
- Study MBA in Poland
- Study Business and Economics in Poland
- Study MBBS in Poland
Best universities in Poland for Indian students
Poland welcomes Indian students with plenty of university options. Here are the top 10 universities for Indian students to study in Poland.
- University of Warsaw
- Jagiellonian University
- Warsaw University of Technology
- Adam Mickiewicz University
- AGH University of Science and Technology
- Cracow University of Technology
- Gdansk University of Technology
- Lodz University of Technology
- Nicolaus Copernicus University
- Poznań University of Technology
Study in Poland without IELTS
There are a few ways in which Indian students can study in Poland without IELTS. Here is how to study in Poland without IELTS.
- The University officers will take a video interview to check your English skills. There will be general questions asked about the student’s background, academic preferences and why they have selected the particular university.
- Some Universities in Poland have their own tests to evaluate candidates English language proficiency, which is to be taken once a student reaches Poland. The requirements and IELTS exemptions differ with the Universities and applications of the candidates.
Get more information here: Study in Poland Without IELTS
Study and work in Poland for Indian students
International students are allowed to work while studying in Poland as long as they are enrolled in a polish Institution. Indian students coming to Poland for studies must hold a valid residency permit. Students have the right to work for part-time jobs for the duration of their study program. Once the course is completed, depending on the level of study and course, Indian students are permitted to stay back and look for work options in Poland for up to 1 year.
Study in Poland for Indian Students can be seen increasing in recent years. Study Programs in Poland are designed with the aim of developing qualities of leadership, entrepreneurial, and other capabilities. It also has the vision to provide the students with all the important skills necessary for them to excel in their career.
1. Is Poland good for Indian students?
Yes, of course, Poland is good for Indian students. Having a rich history, universities of Poland can offer the best of their expertise along with a modern environment. Poland is one of the best destinations to study in Europe and you will get plenty of options depending upon your academic goals.
2. How much does it cost to study in Poland?
Being an Indian student, you will be required to pay the tuition fee for studying in Poland as you are not from an EU country. The main benefit here is, that prices in Poland are lower than in many other countries of Europe. In general, the fees range from around 2230 USD to 6700 per year depending on the institution and study program you choose in Poland.
3. How much a student can earn in Poland?
You can earn around 2k PLN if you were Computer Science Students. In a big city in Poland, earnings can be even higher. Your earning depends on the particular skills and city in which you live. If you need to know about something like McDonald’s, it is usually about 10–12 PLN net per hour, so it depends on how many hours you are going to work.
4. How can I study in Poland for free?
With the help of scholarships maybe you can get your study in Poland free. Higher education in Poland is free only for citizens of Poland. If as an Indian student, you would also like to study for free, you must sit the same entrance exams as Polish students, and study the entire course taught in the Polish language. If you cannot fulfil this requirement, you will have to pay your tuition fees.