Study in Spain for Indian Students
Among all the European countries to study abroad, Spain might be one of the most underrated study abroad destinations. Study in Spain offers the best of education which is on par with international standards and a number of after studies opportunities. For Indian students, Spain might not come easily to the mind when thinking about studying abroad, however, it should be seriously considered. Here is why:
Top Universities in Spain
27 universities in Spain are listed among the top universities of the world by the QS ranking 2020. The universities are some of the best universities not only in Europe, but also in the world. Here are the top 5 universities in Spain for Indian students:
- Universitat de Barcelona
- Autonomous University of Barcelona
- Autonomous University of Madrid
- Complutense University of Madrid
- University of Navarra
- University of Valencia
- Pompeu Fabra University
- University of Jaen
Study in Spain in English
For Bachelors and Masters in Spain for Indian Students, there is a large number of courses available that is taught in English. To attract more and more international students, universities in Spain offer English-taught courses for the internationally recognised courses like MBA in Spain, natural sciences, Engineering in Spain, and many more. IESE Business School of the University of Navarra is ranked among the top 15 business schools of the world by Financial Times. In Short, One does not need to have a comprehensive knowledge of Spanish to Study in Spain.
Study in Spain Requirements
To Study in Spain for Indian Students, there are some basic requirements needed to be fulfilled. If you are an Indian student looking forward to studying in Spain, these are the general requirements, you need to be aware of:
- Previous Education Degrees and Certificates: A certificate as a proof of higher education and transcripts for a bachelor’s degree, or a bachelor’s degree certificate for the Masters in Spain.
- A Valid Passport: This is one of the most basic requirements of all time. If you are studying abroad, a passport that is valid through the duration of the program is a must.
- Language Proficiency Proofs: Indian Students in Spain need to prove their proficiency in English and Spanish. Tests like IELTS and TOEFL are mostly taken to prove English language proficiency.
- Proof of Monetary Funds: Another important factor for studying in Spain is to prove the monetary funds required for the first year in Spain.
All these documents are to be translated in Spanish for the universities in Spain. You can read more about applying to study in Spain here: Study in Spain Requirements
Study in Spain Scholarship
There is a large number of scholarships available for international students as well as Indian students in Spain. Many universities offer scholarships in the form of tuition fees waiver or financial aid. Some of the scholarships are also offered by the government also. The best way to apply for a scholarship is to visit the scholarships’ official websites and check if you are eligible for the scholarships in Spain or not.
Study visa for Spain from India
Indian students need a Spanish student visa to study in Spain. Students are required to have a type D student visa for the courses that have a duration of more than six months. Students are advised to apply for the student visa 10 weeks to three months before the commencement of your program in Spain. The visa process for Spain has an interview that needs to be cleared by the aspirants, too. Here is all you need to know about student visa in Spain: Study Visa for Spain from India
About the Author:
Dhruv is fond of words and everything related to them. Writing about different things from around the world gives him immense pleasure, and a very healthy by-product is sharing of the information and helping others in the process.