Pursuing MBA in Ireland helps to broaden your international exposure by providing you with an opportunity to learn from a diverse international student body. Study in Ireland in general gives you international recognition and acclaim. You get a chance to improvise your language skills too. Although the cost largely depends upon the university you are looking forward to and the specialization program you have chosen. Nevertheless pursuing an MBA from business schools in Ireland is highly affordable and cheaper compared to the rest of Europe. The average tuition fee of MBA from an Irish university costs about 8000 to 30,000 Euro on an average per year which is lower than any top European B-school.
- A degree from a recognized university, a professional qualification obtained with exams, or a substantial track of business achievement without a degree or qualification is necessary for applying for an MBA course.
- A minimum of 3 years (with an undergraduate degree) or 5 years (with a professional qualification) professional work experience is also a mandatory requirement for admission.
- The aspirants must qualify for the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) with a sound score. There is generally a fixed score for the eligibility irrespective of the institution. But it is always suggested to check with the respective university or business school to know the minimum eligible score to avoid any kind of complicacy in the application and admission procedure later on.
- An English language proficiency test, such as TOEFL or IELTS, should be taken by applicants whose native language is not English. However, the students who have pursued their formal education throughout in English might be exempted from appearing for this particular test.
- There is a minimum eligibility score for both the above-mentioned language proficiency test to apply for the desired MBA programs further. A minimum of 100 for an internet-based test, a minimum of 250 for computer-based test and a minimum of 600 for a paper-based test in TOEFL is necessary. While for IELTS, an overall score of 6.5 is mandatory, with a minimum of 6 in each section specified.
Essential documents for application
- Official results till under graduation and results of all the examinations taken should be submitted with the application.
- An up-to-date CV with all necessary and specific details of work experience, positions held, and achievements made need to made and submitted.
- Three personal statement for application essays written in brief and specific manner
- At least two confidential letter of references, along with their email addresses need to be submitted.
- One completely filled up application form with all the essential documents attached
Most business school in Ireland have their application forms posted on their registered websites which can either be filled and submitted online or downloaded and used as regular forms. If you are going offline, you must complete the application form and attach the necessary documents demanded by the university. You also have the provision to mail the application to the admission office of the university, along with the application fee well in advance.
The fees, the format and the deadline might vary according to the universities. Please be very careful while submitting the application for the different universities you have shortlisted.
For any query regarding anything that relates to study, visa and stay in Ireland, do not hesitate to contact the embassy and university delegate for important advice.