If you have just started preparing to Study in UAE, there will be many questions in your mind. The first thing you should consider when applying to a university or college is the country's intake. How many intakes are there in the UAE? What are the types of intakes in UAE? What is the primary intake of all the UAE intakes? To answer all these questions, here is the answer:
Intakes in Dubai: There are 3 intakes in Dubai – September, January, and July out of which September/fall is their major intake. The majority of the programs are offered during the September term. Students can apply early, get conditional admission letters, and then update the College/University with their scores.
Intakes in UAE 2023
There are 3 UAE intakes 2023 offered at the universities. The three intakes available in the UAE are:
- Fall intake
- Spring intake
- Summer intake
Choosing the intake that suits you better can get a bit confusing. Consider factors like the availability of your required program, your academic records, English language proficiency scores, entrance exam scores, the institution’s acceptance rates, job opportunities, and your readiness to join the program while making a decision. If you are not ready until your preferred intake, skipping the haste and applying for the next intake in the UAE is better.
Fall Intake in UAE
Fall Intake is also known as September intake.
Like most countries, fall intake is the primary intake in UAE. All the Universities/colleges offer a broad variety of courses during this intake. Moreover, more financial support is provided for the Fall Intake in UAE. Many Universities and colleges only offer fall intake for international students.
If you are planning for admission in the fall semester, start your university shortlisting and research in April. Appear for IELTS or TOEFL or other required international exams around June. After that, you should start documentation such as a Statement of Purpose, Letter of Recommendation, Application Essays, and most importantly, the visa process.
Spring Intake in UAE:
Spring intake in UAE is also known as January Intake.
Spring Intake is more of a second intake for the UAE. Students who have missed the fall intake can apply for this intake. However, the spring intake has fewer courses on offer than the fall intake from the Universities.
If you are planning to apply for the Spring Intake in UAE, you should be done with your university shortlisting and all the necessary research by August. Appear for the English Language and other competitive eligibility exams by September or October. After that, focus on your application process and student visa requirements.
6 Steps to Study in UAE for September Intake 2023
You must first develop a plan of action if you plan to pursue undergraduate or graduate degrees in the UAE. An application timeline is provided here to help you plan what to do and when to do it.
Step 1: Start Now!
Begin early and shortlist 4 -5 universities of your choice. Check application requirements and deadlines on university websites.
Know your possibilities for bank loans and scholarships by September to help fund your education.
Do some initial research on different accommodation options.
Step 2: Appear for the Exams: January 2023 to February 2023
- According to your course's and university's requirements, start preparing for any compulsory standardized tests. For example GMAT, GRE, SAT, TOEFL, or IELTS.
- Enroll in the GMAT or GRE by June or July, or three months before the test date.
- Register for TOEFL/IELTS no less than a month before the test date.
- Appear for the required international entrance tests around September and plan for buffer time in case need to retake the test.
Step 3: Start Applying to Colleges: February 2023 to March 2023
- Make a short list of the universities and colleges and be ready to apply. Recognize what makes you stand out as an applicant, and sketch your strengths and self-appraisal.
- Request 1-2 letters of recommendation from your lecturers and immediate supervisors. Get connected with them at least a month before the due date for your application.
- Begin planning your essays and SOP. Give yourself a month to organize these documents properly.
- Apply before the due date!
Step 4: Offer Letters and Interviews: March 2023 to April 2023
- Don’t delay replying to college emails. Also, there will be quite a few!
- Appear for personal/video interviews. These are planned for around January to March.
- Once you get an offer letter from your UAE university, make your decision as quickly as possible.
- Notify the universities of your decision before the designated deadline.
- To confirm your seat in the university, you must submit a non-refundable deposit.
Step 5: Apply for a student loan and visa: May 2023 to June 2023
- If you require scholarships, start researching about it and apply if eligible.
- Apply for a Study/education loan once you obtain your acceptance letter.
- Assemble the paperwork for your UAE student visa. Check visa prerequisites.
- Apply for a student visa to UAE in time. Remember the time taken for visa processing!
Step 6: Move to UAE: July 2023 to August 2023
- Book airline tickets.
- Organize an International Debit/Credit card.
- Gather all the required paperwork and make copies of it to bring with you.
- Check out the Pre-departure checklist!
6 Steps to Study in UAE for January 2024 Intake
If you are willing to Study in UAE and have missed the September intake, you do not have to wait for a whole year. You can apply to Universities in UAE for January 2024 intake. Here are six steps to study in UAE for January 2024 intake.
Step 1: Start Now! April 2023 to May 2023
- Start preparing by April. Shortlist the Universities in UAE that are January intake Universities, and have courses you want to apply for. You can find admission requirements, the application process, and deadlines on the University websites.
- You should also look forward to scholarships and education loans you want to apply to or are eligible for. Another important factor to be considered is your accommodation in the UAE. Research it and book according to your preference.
Step 2: Appear for the Exams: June 2023 to November 2023
- Check the requirements for the entrance or English language tests on the University's website. Depending on the course, it could be the GMAT, GRE, TOEFL, or IELTS.
- The registration period for the tests varies as well. You will need to book GMAT and GRE much sooner than you will need to register for IELTS and TOEFL.
- Allow for a buffer time if you need to retake the case due to an unfavorable outcome.
Step 3: Start Applying to Colleges: August 2023 to September 2023
- This is the time when the admission application begins. Reduce your options and begin preparing your documents. Universities in the UAE typically require an application essay or statement of purpose. Determine what distinguishes you as a candidate and write a well-crafted statement of purpose. The goal is to explain to the university why you are qualified for the program and how the university can help you in moving forward.
- Contact your professors and immediate supervisors for letters of recommendation. Both the documents and the essays should have a month to prepare.
- Once everything appears to be in order, submit the final application before the deadline.
Step 4: Acceptance Letters and Interviews: October 2023 to November 2023
- When you receive a response from the college or university to which you applied, respond as soon as possible. The college may request a video or personal interview if necessary.
- When you receive your acceptance letter, make a decision and notify the college. This procedure will also have a deadline. As a result, make sure you keep track of the time.
- To confirm your admission, you will be required to pay a non-refundable deposit.
Step 5: Apply for Visa / Education Loan: November 2023 to December 2023
- Now would be the time to apply for a Study permit for the UAE. You must meet some of the requirements to obtain Student visas for the UAE.
- Apply for a student loan to show monetary proof to visa officials. All the documentation should be done during this time, both for the visa and student loan.
- Your application for a UAE visa will take some time to process. You should plan with this in mind.
Step 6: Tickets and Departure: December 2023 to January 2024
- You're only a few steps away from arriving in the UAE! Make a flight reservation for the same.
- Before you leave, make sure you have arranged for an international debit or credit card.
- Gather all necessary documents and photocopies before flying. Make a pre-departure checklist and stick to it to avoid last-minute stress.
Summer Intake in UAE:
Certain universities in the UAE are open for admissions for the Summer Semester, however, only some of the departments of these universities offer courses during the summer term. The Summer Intake begins in July and typically lasts two to three months.