The internationally acclaimed institutions, marking a strong reputation for the UK’s education system across the globe. Every year many international students move to the United Kingdom for their higher education, especially to pursue MBA. Are you planning to study MBA in the top study abroad destination, UK? Here is the complete guide on how to apply for MBA in UK.
How To Apply for MBA in UK
The procedure of applying for an MBA in UK is simple. If you follow the steps mentioned, you are sure to reach your destination. Check out the steps you need to follow to get a seat at b-school in UK:
- Figure out your interests and set your preferences
- Start exploring the universities in UK online.
- Check the eligibility criteria of your chosen universities.
- Know the requirements for the MBA application process in UK.
- According to the requirements, appear for the required exams
- Assemble the documents you will need in your application process.
- It's time to apply..!!
Your interests and preferences
Before deciding which college you want to study, figure out your interest. Choose the specialisation in which you want to pursue your MBA. Also consider your interest in studying in which type of university, private or public, reputed or top ranking, big or small etc.
MBA Universities in UK
Once you set your preferences and goals, it's time to shortlist the university. Explore the business schools in UK. shortlist those which suit your career goals. Here are the top 10 universities in UK for MBA :
1. Swansea University
2. Robert Gordon University
3. University of Greenwich
4. University of Huddersfield
5. Teesside University
6. Cranfield University
7. Brunel University
8. Bangor University
9. University of Lincoln
10.University of East Anglia
MBA in UK Eligibility
Deciding to study for an MBA is a huge commitment, and you must be fully aware of the entry requirements before beginning the application process. The MBA in UK requirements changes from university to university. The general eligibility criteria is a
- A minimum of 3-years of full-time work experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- IELTS score of at least 6.0-6.5
The requirements do not necessarily apply to all the MBA programs in UK. The best way to check the eligibility requirements is to check for the courses and university you are interested in before you apply for MBA in the UK.
Admission Documents for MBA in UK
If you are planning to study in UK then you need to understand the required Admission Documents for MBA in UK. Each university has different kinds of requirements. So you need to check out their website or contact the admission office of the university to know the requirements for MBA admission. The most common document requirements university demands are:
- A well-crafted resume
- Academic Mark Sheets:
- Two recommendation letters.
- Personal Statement / Statement of Purpose
- Work Experience or Internship Letters:
- Test Score Reports such as IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, PTE, GMAT etc
- Certificated – extracurricular activities, social work, volunteer work, community service, etc. should be included.
- First and the last page of Passport, plus any correction page.
- Passport-sized photograph
- Completed application form
Appear for the Exams
Most UK Universities need IELTS test scores or PTE test scores for proving English proficiency. you may also be required to submit a GMAT or GRE score to test your academic performance. So as required by your university, appear for the exams and score the specifically required marks in it. You have to decide in which program type you would study. For example one year MBA in UK, Executive MBA, and Part-time MBA in UK etc.
Collect the documents
Now the most important thing..!! You have to collect the documents carefully without missing any of them.
- Write a professional motivation essay for your MBA
- Don’t miss out on your recommendation letters. Contact the respective persons and get it on time.
- Prepare your resume and professional experience
- Prepare your transcripts
- Get your scores on the given exams.
Now you need to fill out the application form of the university. This form is available on their website. Fill in all the details accurately. Do not forget to attach the supporting documents. Recheck your application form and documents before submitting them. Based on your application form, the university will shortlist the profile. You may also need to pay some application fees.
Once you receive your offer letter, apply for a student visa for UK without wasting any more time. Obtain it and fly to the United Kingdom to pursue your MBA. We hope this article on How To Apply for MBA in UK for International Students was helpful to you..!! You can contact us for any queries.
You should also check the following articles
How to Get PR in UK After Study
What makes UK a Perfect Study Abroad Destination for Indian Students
Stay back and Work Permit after Study in UK