Around 80% of the international student population in the Netherlands is presently pursuing MBA courses. Netherland MBA programs focus on both European and International business markets. Students who pursue MBA degrees in Dutch Universities gain strong knowledge, a solid business foundation and develop expertise in the specialization.
You will receive an excellent education and a well-respected MBA degree in Netherlands. Are you an international student looking to pursue an MBA in Netherlands? If yes, this article is for you. Here, you will find the complete denial on how to apply for MBA in Netherlands. You will come to know about the best MBA programs, colleges, relevant tests, requirements, eligibility and admission process.
How To Apply for MBA in Netherlands for International Students
The application process for the MBA in Netherlands is straightforward. You just need to move step by step to reach your goal. Here is the whole process you need to follow:
- Figure out your interests, goals, and preferences.
- Explore the MBA colleges in Netherlands over the internet.
- Check the eligibility criteria for MBA in those universities.
- Know the deadline and all documents required for the application.
- Take the required standardised and entrance exams
- Assemble all the documents required for the admission process
- Time to fill the application form and submit
These steps are simple, isn’t it? Read the next part of the article to know these steps in detail.
Figure out your interest, goals, and preferences
Before checking into the colleges and universities in the Netherlands, you need to check yourself to know your exact interests, career goals, and preferences. MBA universities in the Netherlands have various specializations for international students. According to your career goal, select one. Some of the popular specializations in MBA are:
- MBA in HR Management
- MBA in Marketing Management
- MBA in Digital Marketing
- MBA in IT
- MBA in Travel and Tourism Management
- MBA in Finance Management
- MBA in Business Analytics
- MBA in Healthcare Management
- MBA in Media Management
In the Netherlands, you will find learning modes designed for everyone’s needs! You may choose from the following:
- Regular Classroom programs
- Online learning programs
- Distance Education programs
- Fast-track programs (Accelerated MBA)
- Executive MBA programs
- Part-time MBA programs
MBA universities in Netherlands
Once you set your goals and preferences, it is time to explore the universities in Netherlands for pursuing an MBA degree. Check the campus location, availability of your subject, fees structure, etc to study in Netherlands. There is a wide range of options for institutions in Netherlands for MBA. Here are few top MBA universities in Netherlands:
- Tilburg University
- University of Amsterdam
- Erasmus University
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences
- Nyenrode Business University
- International Business School, The Hague (IBSH)
- Maastricht University
- Webster University
- Hague University of Applied Sciences
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences
MBA in Netherlands: Eligibility Criteria
After deciding the universities, check their eligibility criteria. Eligibility requirements may differ from one university to the next. Students must meet the following basic entry requirements for an MBA in the Netherlands:
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent is required.
- GMAT or GRE score, or a score on an equivalent entrance exam
- Work Experience. It is not Mandatory, and varies with the university. Some institutes, for example, need 2-3 years of job experience.
- IELTS or TOEFL test results to prove English language proficiency.
MBA in Netherlands: Important Documents Required
If you fit in their eligibility criteria, check the requirements. Different universities have different requirements. The list of documents needed to apply for an MBA in the Netherlands is mentioned below. If you keep these documents on hand, the application procedure will be considerably easier.
Standard Exams for Admission into MBA in The Netherlands
For entry into Dutch educational institutions, demonstration of proficiency in the language is a must. Whether you are opting for the English language or the dutch language. For both, you need to provide your proficiency.
- The most important exams are TOEFL and IELTS for assessing language proficiency. Apart from this, certain universities also accept CAE (Cambridge Advanced Education exams) scores.
- For Dutch medium programs, students must have passed the Dutch NLF2 examination.
You may also be required to take the GMAT/ GRE test as required by the university. This proves your academic abilities.
Collect the documents
In the next step, you have to assemble all the documents for the application process. Here are the things you need to do:
- Ask your professors and managers to issue a letter of recommendation for you.
- Write a well-drafted Statement of Purpose.
- Assemble all the transcripts, degrees, and certificates.
- Collect your test scores.
- Be ready with your passport
Most students choose the Fall semester for applying. There is an online application that is available on the websites of the different universities in Netherlands. International Students can submit their admission applications directly to the university’s application portal. You have to make sure that they have all the necessary documents along with them. Also, filling out the application form accurately is important as well. Recheck everything before submitting.
We hope this article on How To Apply for MBA in Netherlands was helpful to you. Dutch MBA universities offer theoretical as well as practical knowledge. The decision of studying in Dutch Business schools will be one of the best decisions of your life.
You should also check the following articles
English Language Requirements to Study in Netherlands 2020-2021
Study in Netherlands for Free
Top Student Cities and Universities to Study in Netherlands 2020 - 2021