Latvia is one of the excellent higher education providers in Europe. With its safe and welcoming cities and spectacular coastline, it is a good destination for international students. Universities in Latvia offer both academic as well as professional courses.
Many students ask a common question can I study in Latvia without IELTS? The Answer for it is yes you can study in Latvia without IELTS? Yes, it is very possible in Universities in Latvia and not complex at all. Here is the complete guide to study in Latvia without IELTS.
Here's How You can Study in Latvia without IELTS
Step 1: Application Process to Study in Latvia without IELTS
Research and shortlist the courses and Universities in Latvia you want to apply. You can check University rankings in Latvia, and Eligibility Requirements on the official website of your chosen university.
- Check out all the relative Universities and select what is best for you according to your career.
- You need to apply online for the colleges in Latvia without IELTS you have selected.
- Your selection will be confirmed when you will receive a confirmation letter from the university.
Here are the options of how to study in universities in Latvia without IELTS
- Applicants who are native speakers of English, need not submit an English proficiency test scores.
- Applicants who have completed basic/secondary/vocational/higher education in English or have studied in English as full-me students at least one year in the countries with English as one of the official languages do not have to certify English language proficiency.
- Applicants who do not have an internationally recognised test score will be requested to opt for English courses in the Latvia university itself.
You can provide any official language certificates such as:
- TOEFL(Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- FCE (First Certificate in English)
- CAE (Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English)
- CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- Cambridge English: Business Vantage (BEC Vantage)
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE)
- Cambridge English Linguaskill
Step 2: Skype / Video Interviews
Some Universities take an online test or Skype interview for applicants. Once your profile is selected, you will have to give an interview as scheduled by the university. It is to know your reason to get accepted at the Universities and to evaluate your English Language abilities to comprehend spoken English. To get accepted in Latvia university without IELTS, you have to give your best in this interview.
Here is the Latvia university list without IELTS for international students:
Step 3: Tuition Fees and Other Study in Latvia Costs:
If you clear your Interview, you will get a letter of acceptance or confirmation letter from the university you have applied to. It is a confirmation that you have been accepted for the program at the university you were interested in. The next step is to pay your tuition fees for the 1st year of your program. Do remember non-European students need to pay higher tuition than domestic and other EU students.
Step 4: Apply for scholarships
Many Higher education institutions of Latvia offer several scholarships for international students to Study in Latvia. The scholarship is offered to attract them as they are required to pay tuition fees. The scholarships can be applied to pursue your undergraduate, master and PhD degree in Latvia.
You will find some fully funded and some partially funded scholarships.The different university has a different scholarship system, so the availability of scholarship or any financial help given by the university will depend on the institution and the program you want to study.
Step 5: Apply for Student Visa in Latvia
International students will require a Long Stay Student Visa (Type D) for the courses which are for more than 90 days in Latvia. You will require the following documents:
- A Valid Passport
- Letter of admission/confirmation from the University
- TT Receipt of Tuition Fee
- Academic Transcripts
- D Visa Application Form
- Invitation Letter for Visa approved by the OCMA.
- Bank Statement of the Last 3 months to prove that he or she has the capacity to sustain in Latvia during their studies.
With beautiful streams, lovely forests, captivating and multi-ethnic culture and dynamic urban communities, Latvia has something for everybody. Studying in Latvia has many advantages. The major advantage is Latvia has an affordable education. The tuition fees and other living costs are cheaper as compared to other European countries.
Frequently asked questions
Q: Is IELTS required for Latvia?
A: If you don’t have an IELTS score, you can still study in Latvia without IELTS. Applicants who do not have an internationally recognised test score will be requested to opt for English courses in the Latvia university itself.
Q: How much study gap acceptable in Latvia?
A: If you are going for bachelors then a gap up to 5 years is acceptable while for masters up to 10 years is acceptable from a visa point of view.
Q: Are there any universities in Latvia without application fees?
A: The application fee may be charged by the university, and it is not refundable. There are also few universities which do not require any registration fee, you need to check the university’s website for that. Generally, the application fee is for all international students is 160 EUR and 300 EUR for applicants from states for the citizens of which, in issuing a visa or residence permit, an additional assessment shall be performed.
Q: Can I study in Latvia from India without IELTS?
A: Yes, you can study in Latvia but for it, you will need to fulfil some of the conditions. Applicants who have completed their previous education in English or have studied in English as full-time students at least for 1 year in the country where English is one of the official languages.