Universities for MBA in Germany are counted among the best universities in the world. From all over the world, international students travel to Germany to pursue MBA Degrees. As the German MBA degree prepares you for the future and real-life challenges at the job. Here we present complete information on How To Apply for MBA in Germany for International Students.
How To Apply for MBA in Germany for International Students
The application process for the MBA in Germany is done online. But before applying you need to follow few steps:
- Figure out your goals and preferences.
- Research the MBA colleges in Germany online.
- Check the eligibility criteria for MBA in your shortlisted universities.
- Know the deadline and all documents required for the application.
- Take the entrance exams as required by the university
- Collect all the required documents for the admission process
- Time to fill the application form and submit
Figure out your goals and preferences
Before starting your research, identify your academic and career goals. There is a wide range of subjects available in MBA in Germany. According to your career plans, figure out your subject. Decide which type of MBA you want to pursue a full-time, part-time, and online degree. Also choose your language of study in Germany, whether you would like to study in German or English language.
MBA universities in Germany
Germany is home to plenty of top MBA colleges for international students. You can find both private and public universities in Germany. Here are the Top public management colleges in Germany
- University of Mannheim Business School
- University of Cologne
- Technical University of Munich
- Ludwig Maximilian University
- Munich RWTH Aachen University
Check out the Top private management colleges for International students
- European School of Management and Technology
- HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management
- GISMA School of Business BSBI
- Berlin School of Business and Innovation
- WHU-Otto Beisheim School of Management
Eligibility for MBA in Germany Admission
Each university has its own set of eligibility criteria according to the subjects. But the common eligibility criteria for pursuing MBA in Germany are mentioned below:
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant subjects equivalent to a German Bachelor’s degree.
- A valid score in GMAT, GRE, IELTS or TOEFL. As required by the institution.
- Basic knowledge of the German Language. Although most universities offer a program for MBA in Germany in English, few require a certain proficiency in the German language to be cleared.
- A good academic record. It can be equivalent to a minimum of 60% aggregate academic score.
- A few business schools might conduct an entrance exam for determining the candidature to pursue an MBA program in Germany.
- Some business schools also ask for 1-3 years of work experience.
Requirements for MBA in Germany
For the admission process, you will require some of the supporting documents for your application. Generally, the application process for an MBA program in Germany requires the following documents:
- GMAT/ Test Score
- English proficiency record with scores of TOEFL/IELTS depending on which the institute demands. You should also check this: Study in Germany Without IELTS
- Mark-sheet/ Scorecard for bachelor’s degree
- Copy of Passport
- Letter of Recommendation (minimum two)
- Statement of Purpose/Letter of Motivation/Essay
- Work experience letters
- GRE/GMAT scorecards.
Take the entrance exams
Each test has its own importance and objective. Entrance tests differ with each university and the programme. You will need to prove your language proficiency. You may be asked to submit the scores of the following tests.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache (TestDaF)
- Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH)
Assemble all the documents
Once you have appeared and cleared your exams, it’s time to assemble all the documents for admission. Do not miss a single document to be submitted. Otherwise, it will decrease your chances of admission.
- You need to contact the respective persons for your Letter of Recommendation.
- write a good Statement of purpose including the reason for studying in that particular university and subject.
- Collect your test score results
- Assemble all your certificates, transcripts and degrees.
- Get your work experience letters from the managers.
Applications for MBA colleges can be completed online. Fill the application form. Submit it along with the other documents. You need to scan all your application documents and convert them into PDF or JPG format and upload them. You may also be asked to pay the application fee. International students face high competition to get admission to the top universities in Germany. So apply as soon as possible.
After application process
- Once you submit your application with all requirements for MBA in Germany, the university will send you an email to confirm they have received your documents and your application has entered the selection process.
- The applications submitted after the deadlines will not be taken into consideration, so always check carefully the deadlines of the application of the B schools in Germany.
- Once your application has been approved, you will be required to send a copy of your passport and pay 50% or as specified by the University of the first-year Tuition Fee as well. You need to also send proof of your financial statements showing that you can fund your studies abroad.
- After this, you need to contact the visa office, so that you are provided with your German student visa on time. The visa generally takes 90 days to clear.
- Once you receive your student visa, move and start with your education in Germany.
We hope this article on How To Apply for MBA in Germany was helpful to you. German MBA universities are some of the best universities in The world. The decision of studying in one of the Business schools in German will be one of the best decisions of your life.
You should also check the following articles
7 Amazing Places to Visit When You are Studying in Germany
Study in Germany for FREE
Dual studies in Germany: Work & Study Together