Mechanical Engineering is one of the most widely preferred courses in the world. Top Mechanical Engineering Universities receive millions of applications for both bachelors and masters. Here we are talking about the top Mechanical Engineering universities in the world, and other information related to Mechanical Engineering and course requirements.
Mechanical Engineering Ranking 2020-2021
Here are the top Universities in world for Mechanical Engineering. As it is apparent from the list, the universities in US and Europe dominate thoroughly when it comes to studying mechanical engineering for the international students.The best country to study mechanical engineering can be many. Here are a few:
QS University Ranking by Engineering 2020-2021 (Mechanical)
Other Top Mechanical Engineering Universities in Europe
Apart from the Universities mentioned above, here are some of the top Universities to look forward for Mechanical Engineering:
- ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland
- EPFL, Switzerland
- RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- Technical University of Munich, Germany
- The University of Manchester, UK
You can also check this out: Mechanical engineering in UK
Top Mechanical Engineering Universities in Canada
If we are talking about top mechanical universities, we have to mention the Canadian Universities for Mechanical Engineering. Universities in Canada are some of the most preferred universities in recent times, and if you are looking to study Mechanical Engineering in Canada, here are the options to consider:
Best Mechanical Engineering Schools for Undergraduate Studies:
There are two ways to study mechanical engineering at universities abroad. One way is to go for Mechanical Engineering after studying 12th, and go for undergraduate studies. The other way is to complete the bachelors of Mechanical Engineering in the home country and pursue MS in Mechanical Engineering at Universities abroad.
For the students who want to pursue Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering, studying in the below given Universities will help them start their engineering journey with excellent theory based education and universities which are to the technological research like MIT and Stanford. Here are the top 5 Universities in the world for undergraduate studies in mechanical engineering:
- MIT, USA
- Stanford University, USA
- University of Cambridge, UK
- Harvard University, USA
- Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
Study Abroad After Mechanical Engineering
If you have a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, and want to study further for MS of M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering, there are plenty of options available for the Master in Science in Mechanical Engineering. Here are the countries to study Mechanical engineering for the international students.
Top Countries to Pursue MS / M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering in US
- Engineering in Germany
- Engineering in Canada
- Engineering in UK
- Engineering in France
Mechanical Engineering Degree Requirements
For many countries, a master’s degree in mechanical engineering will require a bachelor’s degree as a basic requirements. Some of the universities will prefer highly sustained academic records. Here are some of the general requirements to pursue mechanical engineering abroad.
Mechanical Engineering Entry Requirements
The basic requirements for mechanical engineering is
- to have a good score in the subjects like Mathematics and Physics. The overall grades are also important, however, good scores in Mathematics and physics are preferred by the Universities.
- The other basic requirement for the universities will be language proficiency. Students are needed to be able to understand the language they are being taught.
- The other entrance requirement can be GRE (Graduate Record Examination), as some of the Masters in Mechanical Engineering Universities ask for the GRE Scores as an admission requirements.
Mechanical Engineering Scholarships
There are number of scholarships available for international students, going to different parts of the world for mechanical engineering. The scholarships are a great way to fund international studies abroad for the students. Here are some of the scholarships and Aid to look forward for mechanical engineering:
- MIT Student Financial Services
- Stanford Financial Aid for International Students
- Cambridge Commonwealth, European and International Trust
- The Alexander & Ethel Levens Mechanical Engineering Award (UCB, Berkeley)
- Michigan Engineering Scholarships and Fellowships
These are just a bunch of scholarships available for the top Mechanical Engineering Universities that we have mentioned. There is a number of scholarships available to study abroad for international students and specifically for mechanical engineering, too.
10 Best Countries To Study Engineering Abroad
How much does it cost to study in Abroad
Study in Abroad with Scholarship