Why study English Language and Culture?
- We offer a challenging and exciting programme that brings together the study of language, culture, literature, society and history
- Full immersion in English, with a strong focus on language acquisition courses throughout the programme
- A dynamic international teaching staff who are either native speakers or near-native speakers of English and who are leading scholars in the field of English Language and Culture
What will you learn?
English Language and Culture has two tracks: English Language and Culture and American Studies. This website will inform you about English Language and Culture. If you are interested in American Studies, please visit our website about this track.
The track English Language and Culture allows you to study all aspects of the English language as it has evolved across the centuries. At the same time, you immerse yourself in the culture and literature of Great Britain. You study the classics of high and popular culture - Shakespeare, Stevenson, Downton Abbey, Little Britain, and much more. To become an expert in the field of English language, linguistics and culture, you will also have to immerse yourself in the culture, social relations, habits and eccentricities of the people for whom (British) English is their native language.
Future career opportunities
- Cultural field (television and radio, publishing, museums, magazines, festivals)
- International, national and local government (foreign ministries, international relations, NGOs, municipal government and chambers of commerce)
- Independent intercultural communication consultancies and translating businesses