The Masters in Management degree(MIM) provides knowledge of management and develops overall business skills to the students having little or no work experience. MIM degrees are an affordable substitute for MBA in USA degrees and are offered by many international business schools and universities. The U.S.A offers many degrees in several courses under various departments from which one of the most chosen departments is “Management”.The popularity of Masters in Management in the USA is growing day by day.
Eligibility for Masters in Management in the USA
To get admission to top MiM colleges in the U.S.A for Masters in Management the students need to fulfill some eligibility criteria.
- Most Universities in the USA ask for 16 years of formal education to be eligible for the Masters in Management program.
- For admission into the program, students need to prove their proficiency in the English language by appearing for a test like IELTS or TOEFL.
- The students need to submit their GRE or GMAT scores as required by the colleges and universities.
- Many institutions also consider the student’s work experience and Internships.
- The students are also evaluated on the basis of their academic record, research, and extracurricular activities.
If the overall requirement is fulfilled and the university is satisfied with the student’s application then the students are allowed to take admission.
Requirements for the Masters in Management in the USA
There are certain common requirements for colleges to do master's in management.
- After applying to their interested business school the students need to present their GMAT or GRE scores. The College tests the students on every criterion and allows them for further process.
- The college also looks after the student’s work experience in their respective management specialization. They also consider the Internships and activities engagement during the Undergraduate course.
- When the student satisfies the entire requirement of the institution then the process takes place further, the student needs to pay the Tuition fees and other expenses of the first year.
- The students also need to provide their financial stability in order to prove their sustainability in the USA for studies.
Masters in management in the USA with GRE
If students are planning to do Masters in Management from the USA then the initial step is to appear for an entrance examination which is GRE (Graduate Record Examination). This test covers the questions which check the student’s skills in their Analytical Writing, Quantitative Reasoning, and Verbal Ability. Obtaining appropriate scores in this test can help the students to get admission to their interested college to do Masters in management in the USA.
- If the student gains more than 328 scores in the GRE then he/she can get enrollment in Top US Universities like Stanford and MIT.
- If the student obtains a 305 -327 score in the GRE then he/she can get enrollment in Ivy League Colleges.
After applying to their interesting college the students need to submit their GRE score and according to the college criteria, the process of admission proceeds.
Masters in management in the USA without GMAT
GMAT is a well-known entrance examination that allows students to secure a seat in Colleges to study Masters in management. The Test is designed to check the student’s ability in the field of Business mainly in MBA. Although it is a mandatory requirement for most of the colleges in the USA there are many top colleges in the nation that offer Masters in Management also to those students who do not have GMAT scores. Some of them are:-
- Lake Forest College, Chicago
- University of Phoenix
- DePaul University
- Loyola University, Quinlan
- Villanova UniversityBoston University
- Suffolk University
Some Universities also overlook the GMAT scores if the student has an excellent grade-point average in their bachelor’s degree.
Masters in Management in USA fees
The students need to pay the application fee for management programs which would cost an average of $75 in the USA. The Tuition Fee for the course can cost around $10,000 to $80,000 depending on the different colleges. The schools also provide many scholarship programs to international students which give them some relaxation in the fees. The other expenses including rental expenses and all the other miscellaneous expenses which can cost up to an average of $24,000 annually. Students need to provide their financial stability to prove that they can handle the expenses of studying in a college in the USA.
Top masters in management programs in the USA
Choosing Top Management courses from Top colleges is one of the most important decisions to be taken by the aspirants. Some of the Top Ranking colleges in Management studies are:-
- Master of Science in Management Studies (MIT)
- Master in Management degree(Duke University)
- Stanford MSx Program (Stanford University)
- Master of Science in Management in Entrepreneurial Leadership (MSEL)(Babson College)
- Kellogg ms in management studies(Kellogg School of Management)
- Master of Science in Management (University of Florida)
- MS Management (Texas A&M University)
- Michigan ross masters in management (University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business)
- Master of Global Management (Thunderbird School of Global Management)
- Master of Business Operational Excellence (Ohio State University)
- MBA in General Management (Vanderbilt University)
- MBA Organizational effectiveness (University of Pennsylvania)
- MSc Managerial Sciences (Georgia State University)
- Master of Science in Business Administration (MIM)(University of Southern California)
- Master of MIS Managing Business Operations (University of Arizona)
- Full-Time MBA (University of San Diego)
- MBA in General Management (University of Illinois)
- MS in Business & Analytics.
Masters in Management degrees are a cheaper alternative for MBA (Master of Business Administration) degrees. While studying in MIM programs, students develop a lot of managerial and leadership skills and also participate in internship opportunities or practical experiences.
Checklist Before Going to Study in USA
The Cheapest Universities in USA
Top Student Cities and Universities to Study in USA