UK is a favoured study destination for international students who wish to pursue undergraduate courses. The reputed universities in UK offer a wide variety of bachelor courses to international students. It is excelling in producing well-rounded graduates. Here we will provide you with complete information about study in UK after 12th.
How to study in UK after 12th
The Eligibility Criteria for Studies after 12th in UK are dependent on the study programs and levels. Here is the answer for how to get admission in UK universities for Indian students and other international students after 12th. The minimum requirements are:
- You should be at least 18 years old.
- For Science and Commerce, you should have 70 to 80% marks in 12th grade.
- For Humanities, you should be a minimum of 65% marks in 12th grade.
- If you have scored under 60% marks, you can pursue Foundation and Diploma Programs.
- Proficiency in the English language
Documents required for admission in UK universities are:
- Attested copies of mark sheets of standard 10 and 12
- Two academic reference letters
- Proof of Funds.
- Proof of IELTS or TOEFL scores.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP).
Application process timeline
For students wishing to study after 12th in UK, it is important to be familiar with the application process and timeline. The most important thing to keep in mind is that universities such as Oxford and Cambridge usually have a much earlier deadline. For international undergraduate students, the usual deadline falls around in the month of June.
Read this to know more about it: Intakes in UK
Courses after 12th in UK
From around 50,000 courses offered by more than 395 institutions, you will have a wide range of subjects and fields to choose from. You can also choose diploma courses in UK after 12th as well. International students in the UK prefer the courses as mentioned below:
Study in UK after 12th Commerce
- International relations
Study in UK after 12th Arts
- Anthropology and Archaeology
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Mass Communication
- English Literature
- Graphic Design and Visual Communication
Study in UK after 12th science
We have divided study in UK for indian students after 12th science in 2 streams to make it easy for you to select. You can choose from the medical stream and non-medical stream as given below:
Study in the UK after 12th Medical Stream
- Molecular Sciences
Study in the UK after 12th non-Medical Stream
- Computer Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Automotive Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
Universities to study in UK after 12th
The UK is home to some of the oldest and most renowned institutions of higher education. Most of the students prefer to study in London after 12th. Some of the universities that attract the highest number of undergraduate international students are:
Study in England after 12th is also preferred by many international students. One thing is sure that you will get quality education from all the universities in UK regardless of the city.
Cost of studying in UK after 12th
When compared with countries such as the USA and Australia, the tuition fee is lower in UK. One can expect the yearly average cost of tuition around £9,000. City, accommodation and local taxes, all play an important role in calculating the cost of living in UK. The total monthly cost of living in UK can be somewhere around €901. For more information, check this out: Cost of studying in UK
Scholarships to study in UK after 12th
Universities in the UK are not only famous for their excellence, reputation and long history but also for the scholarships they offer to deserving students. Scholarships for international students are available in UK in each study field. . Some of the Universities which offer scholarships in UK are :
- University of Westminster scholarships
- Coventry University scholarships
- University of Hertfordshire scholarships
- University of Bristol scholarships
- University of West England scholarships
- Sheffield Hallam University scholarships
- The University of Oxford scholarships
Apart from these, there are scholarships offered by other universities in the UK as well. For more information on available scholarships, we suggest you check the respective websites of the university.
Work and study in UK after 12th
International students in the UK are permitted to work for up to 20 hours a week during their semesters and full-time during the holiday season. This helps you to learn more about the local culture, improve interpersonal skills and your finance while studying.
Student visa for UK after 12th
To move to the United Kingdom for further studies you will require a student visa. There are 2 types of student visa you can choose according to your study program in UK after 12th
- General student visa(tier-4) - It is required for pursuing an undergraduate course.
- Short term study visa - It is required for pursuing short term courses.
The application fee for a general student’s visa for the UK is £348.
Here are Requirements for a UK Student Visa
- Letter of acceptance for the university of UK.
- You should have enough money to show that you can support your finances and pay for the course. The amount may differ according to circumstances and institute.
- Health insurance.
- You should meet other requirements laid down by the government.
- A minimum score of 5.5-6.5 bands is required in IELTS.
You will get detailed information here: Student visa for UK
Stay back After studying an undergraduate course in UK
For international students who pursue their under graduation from the UK, there are options to stay back in the country. You can choose the following:
- You can take advantage of a post-study work permit to stay back in the UK for another 2 years and work.
- You can apply for further studies in universities that sponsor Tier-4 student visas.
- You can also opt for a Tier1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa which is open to graduating students from all disciplines who can present their talent in developing world class business ideas.
Study in UK for Indian students after 10th
Many world top universities now are offering pathway programmes to bring students to their main courses. The foundation year is designed specifically for international students and ensures them academically ready to take their undergraduate level courses in the UK. By taking a foundation year, instead of continuing your high school studies for 12th year, you can attend your 12th at your future university in the UK
We hope you got your answer for can I study in UK after 12th? after reading this article. Wake up and make your dream come alive. You will feel this is the most memorable experience of your life. Stay connected with us for more information.