Switzerland has been a favourite study abroad destination for prospective MBA students. MBA in Switzerland provides international students with a great opportunity to study in a multilingual environment, with international exposure. If you are planning to study for your MBA degree in Switzerland, you are at the right place. Here we present you with complete information on How To Apply for MBA in Switzerland?
How To Apply for MBA in Switzerland?
Applying for MBA program in Switzerland is easy, but applying for the right program at the right time is important. So here is the step-by-step process you need to follow to study MBA in Switzerland:
- Know your interests and career goals.
- Explore MBA universities in Switzerland and shortlist those that match your interest and goals.
- Check the Eligibility Criteria for MBA in Switzerland.
- Check the documents Requirements to study MBA in Switzerland.
- Appear for the required entrance exams.
- Assemble all the documents required for the application.
- It is time to fill and submit the application form with documents.
The above mentioned seven steps and discussed in detail below. Go through each step and work accordingly.
Know your interests and career goals
Based on your interest area, future plans, career objectives, budget and several other factors, select the right MBA programs in Switzerland you must apply to. There are various types of MBA in Switzerland. Some of them are:
- Regular MBA
- Executive MBA
- 1-Year MBA
- 1-year EMBA
- Part-time MBA
- Global MBA
There are a variety of options prevailing for the international students in the MBA program. Some of them are as follows:
- Human Resource
- Global and International Management
- Strategic Management
MBA Universities in Switzerland
According to your interest, explore the business schools in Switzerland for international students. Shortlist the ones which match your career goals. Here we have mentioned a few top MBA institutions in Switzerland:
- IMD International Institute for Management Development
- The University of St. Gallen,
- Business School Lausanne (BSL)
- Université de Genève – HEC Genève,
- The University of Zurich,
- ETH -Zürich, Zürich,
- International University in Geneva (IUG),
- International Institute of Management in Technology
Eligibility Criteria for MBA in Switzerland
The eligibility criteria may differ from university to university. So before moving ahead you have to check whether you are eligible to apply to that specific university or not. Some of the common eligibility criteria swiss business schools follow are:
- A bachelor’s degree in any field he/she wants
- Work experience may be required depending on the university.
- English language proficiency may be required for English taught courses
- GMAT/ GRE scores may be required depending on the university.
Requirements to study MBA in Switzerland
If you can fulfil the eligibility criteria, the next step is to check the documents required for the application process. Each university has specific requirements for the admission process. Here are some documents asked by the university during admission:
- A certified copy of my high school diploma
- A certified copy of bachelors
- All other relevant qualifications in the original language
- Filled application form
- A copy of valid passport
- Passport size photos
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Overview of grades of the applicant
Either the IELTS test or the TOEFL test is required to prove your English language proficiency. Some business schools may either ask for GMAT or GRE scores. So appear for the required exams. Keep in mind the score requirements for the exam. Prepare well and be confident for the exam.
Collect the documents
Once you get the required scores in your exams, start collecting your documents for the application process.
- Contact your respective team managers or professors for the Recommendation letters.
- Draft a well and good Statement of purpose including your reason for studying in the particular subject and in the specific university.
- Assemble your transcripts, certificates and degrees.
- Collect your scoresheets of the exams.
- Be ready with your passport
Time to Apply..!!
The Best time to apply for an MBA admission in Swiss universities is October to May. Different Universities have different deadlines. So apply before the due date. Fill the application form accurately. Do not forget to watch any of the asked documents with the application. Recheck everything before submission. You may also need to pay some amount as an application fee.
Once your admission is confirmed, apply for a student visa for Switzerland. Look for accommodation options online. If you are successful in obtaining your visa and fly to Switzerland to pursue your MBA. We hope this article on How To Apply for MBA in Switzerland for International Students was helpful to you..!! Good luck..!!
You should also check the following articles
Checklist Before going to Study in Switzerland
Top Student Cities and Universities to Study in Switzerland 2020-2021
Choose Top Courses to Study in Switzerland