France has come out to be the most prefered study abroad destination across the world. Even many Indian students travel to France for their higher education. Charpak scholarship is offered to Indian students by the Embassy of France to finance their education in France. Please check the Charpak scholarship 2020 deadline before applying. Charpak scholarship results are declared after considering your application thoroughly. This article of Charpak Scholarship will answer all your queries regarding the program.
Document requirements for the application of Charpak scholarship France
- Scanned copy of the first page of your passport (with photo and expiry date). You can even attach proof of your passport application if you will be getting your passport after the application date expires.
- Photograph of Passport size (must be formal)
- Scanned copy of your admission letter from the French institution. If you have not received it before the fall of Charpak scholarship deadline, attach an email correspondence to show that you are in the process of getting the acceptance letter from the institution.
- C.V (Curriculum Vitae).
- Certified scanned copies of mark sheets of XII and degrees of Bachelors and Masters.
- Statement of purpose
- Document of employment/internship record, if applicable
- French language certificate (if required)
- Recommendation letter from the university (not compulsory)
- You can apply for this scholarship by Registering and creating an account on the French Scholarship online portal http://ifi.scholarship.ifindia.in/ with the help of your email address and password. Then apply for the scholarship with the above-mentioned documents.
- Applications submitted without required documents or incorrect documents will be rejected
- Your application will be selected on the basis of your excellence in your academic record, consistency and quality of your statement of purpose.
- There is no minimum CGPA/percentage requirement for the scholarship. Knowledge of French will be an asset but it is not compulsory.
Types of Charpak scholarship program 2020
There are 3 different types of Charpak Scholarship Programmes. They are as follows:
- Charpak Masters Scholarship
- Charpak Lab or Charpak Research Internship program
- Charpak Exchange Scholarship
Charpak Masters Scholarship 2020
This scholarship program is offered at the Postgraduation or Master’s degree level for all streams and fields of study, which has a duration of one to two years of studies in France. It is offered to Indian students by the Embassy of France.
||03 February 2020
||17 April 2020
||Mid of May
Types of Charpak scholarship for masters
|Charpak AME Scholarship
- 700 euros of Living allowance.
- Maximum 5000 euros of Tuition fee waiver.
- Student visa fee waiver.
- Help to find student accommodation which is affordable.
- The air ticket from India to France
- Student visa for France fee waiver
- Social security
Charpak scholarship eligibility for master program in France
- The applicant must be an Indian citizen and must be residing in India while applying.
- The applicant must be maximum 30 years old at the time of applying for the scholarship.
- The candidate must be a student presently admitted or must have studied at an Indian higher education institution or a must be professionally employed in a company for at least 3 years at the time of applying.
- Full course must be taken in France. If one or more semesters is pursued in another nation, the scholarship will not be given during that period.
- International students holding a Charpak scholarship for completing their M1 studies in France must re-apply for the second year as there is no automatic renewal at the M2 level. Acceptance of the application will depend upon academic performance at the M1 level and a new SOP(Statement of Purpose).
Charpak Lab Scholarship
Charpak Lab or Charpak Research Internship program is offered to the students of India enrolled in an Indian institution at the graduate or undergraduate level and interested to undertake a research/training project at a laboratory or institution of France during their academic break (May to July). The program is available to engineering, economics and natural science students.
||03 February 2020
||06 March 2020
||Mid of May
Benefits of Charpak Scholarship
- Campus France fee waiver
- Social security
- the Embassy of France in India provides a monthly stipend for a maximum of 2 months.
|800 euros = for institutions/laboratories situated in Paris)
|650 euros (for laboratories/institutions situated outside of Paris)
Eligibility of Charpak Lab Scholarship
- The student must be an Indian national residing at the time of application
- He/She should not cross the age of 30 years old.
- Candidates must be presently registered in an Indian institution.
- The student must have an acceptance letter from a French laboratory or institution where the research internship or project will be executed.
- The duration of the research internship or project must be between 1-2 months. If the duration is for more than 2 months, the scholarship program holders will have to finance by themselves for the rest of the duration.
Charpak Exchange Scholarship - Autumn session (Sept-Dec)
Charpak autumn scholarship program is offered to Indian students enrolled in an Indian institution at the Bachelors or Master’s degree level in any field and stream of study and plans to undertake an exchange semester programme in France for a period of one to four months. Charpak scholarship deadline of Autumn session falls on Friday, 15th May 2020
Charpak Exchange Scholarship benefits to the awardees based on merit:
- 700 Euros for living allowance
- student visa and Etudes en France fee waiver
- social security
- Help to find affordable student accommodation
Eligibility of this scholarship
- The applicant must be an Indian national residing in India.
- The applicant must be not more than 30 years old.
- It is mandatory that the applicant must be currently enrolled in an Indian institution which is linked-up with the institution of France where the student will pursue an exchange semester.
Please take note that no reason will be given by the embassy for the rejection of an application. The French Embassy is not under any obligation to respond to the applicants whose applications are incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered by them. So, apply for the scholarship properly with all the correct documents.