Why Arkansas State University?
Founded in 1909, Arkansas State University (ASU), or "A-State," has a strong reputation for its world-class research and a long tradition of teaching that puts students first. The school's mission is to educate leaders, enhance intellectual growth, and enrich lives. It is the second-largest university in the state, with more than 150 degrees to choose from and a diverse campus with students coming from all around the world.A-State is a safe and fully accredited public institution of higher education where students can discover their life's passion through academic programs that are designed to prepare them for the rigors of a globally connected and highly competitive marketplace.The top five fields chosen by international students at the university are: Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Communications, and Science and Mathematics. Whatever a student decides to study, ASU is dedicated to helping them prepare for their lives after college by stressing independent thinking, strong communication skills, and professional values in every class.
Why Arkansas State University
- Campus life: ASU is small enough that students feel like they are part of a family-like community, but also large enough to provide a complete university experience. Cultural and entertainment events occur throughout the school year and there are over 200 students clubs and organizations that foster new friendships.
- Facilities: The school's 1,376 acre campus features several on-campus housing options, a medical center, a state-of-the-art student fitness center, and a variety of food options that cater to any special dietary needs and interests.
- Location: In Jonesboro, there are many recreational options and downtown features lively restaurants and colorful shops that offer something for everyone to enjoy. Nearby cities include Memphis, Tennessee (which is 1 hour away) and Little Rock, Arkansas (2 hours away).
- Small class sizes: The average class size is 29 and the student-to-faculty ratio is 1:17.
- International student support: The school has a tutoring lab in the International Programs building that offers support services for writing papers and understanding course requirements. Also, international ambassadors and domestic "buddies" help new students transition to life at ASU.
Check below available Arkansas State University Courses
Showing courses based on your selection
Master of Science in Exercise Science