Western University is the founding member of the most renowned research universities in Canada – U15. The University offers more than 400 undergraduate programs and more than 88 graduate degree programs through 12 faculties. Both full-time and part-time study options are available at the Western University. Established in 1878, the university has expanded its offerings by providing degrees in Law, Medicine, Divinity and Arts. Admission to the Western University is considered to be fairly tough and competitive.
There are more than 40,000 students enrolled at Western University. The University has more than 5,800 international students from 128 countries around the world. The University is among the top 1% of universities in Canada.
Some points to be kept in mind while applying to Western University are as follows:
- The University welcomes applications for the Fall, Summer and Spring semesters.
- Undergraduate program applications are available from October 1.
- Seats for programs are limited; therefore students are advised to apply well in advance for Fall 2020 or early Winter 2021.
- The University does not accept any paper reference letters for admission to graduate programs.
- References submitted for admission to graduate programs are emailed through Western’s Digital Graduate Reference Process.
- First-year students entering Western University have one of the highest national entrance averages at 90.6%.
- The University is known to maintain one of the highest first to second-year retention of 93.6% which indicates student satisfaction.