Singapore has been established as one of the most popular international study destinations. The affordable fee structure, post-study work options, and student-friendly environment make Singapore a favourable study abroad country. Many international students choose Singapore to study after they complete 12th grade. Here is a guide for study in singapore after 12th:
How to Study in Singapore after 12th
The following are the basic eligibility requirements to study in Singapore universities after 12th:
- The candidate should have gained more than 70% in class 12th.
- If you are pursuing your secondary education during the application process, you can present the predictive scores of Class XII.
- Good SAT scores, as mentioned by the university.
- Singapore institutions do not generally require TOEFL or IELTS score if the candidate has had his schooling from an English-medium school and scored over 75% in the English subject
Requirements to Study in Singapore after 12th
Here are the basic requirements of the documents you would need during the application process for the university in Singapore:
- Official mark sheet of class X and XII.
- SAT scores.
- IELTS or TOEFL, if required.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Letter of recommendation-LORs.
- Passport-size photographs.
- Evidence or certificates of participation in extracurricular activities.
- Portfolio for Arts, Design and Architecture students.
- Financial documents such as bank statements and loans.
- Visa related documents.
Courses in Singapore after 12th
Singapore has a lot to offer when it comes to studying. International Students can choose from a spectrum of undergraduate degrees. Here are a few courses in singapore for Indian students :
Study in Singapore after 12th Commerce
- Supply Chain Management
- Business Studies
Study in Singapore after 12th science
We have divided study in singapore for Indian students after 12th science in two streams to make it easy to select. You can choose the course to study from the medical stream or non-medical stream as mentioned below:
Study in Singapore after 12th Medical
- Biological Sciences
- Medicine & Surgery
Study in Singapore after 12th Non-Medical
- Civil engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Study in Singapore after 12th Arts
- Fashion design
- Interior design
- Theatre studies
- Visual & Fine Arts
Top colleges in Singapore for undergraduate programmes
Choosing the right university is as crucial as choosing the right course, thus, here is an overview of the top schools in Singapore for undergraduate students:
1. Singapore Management University (SMU)
SMU is popular among undergraduate international students. It is because SMU has mandatory internships for all students that allows them hands-on experience along with studying. Business Management in Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources programme are the most prefered programs among Indian undergraduate students.
2. Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
The Singapore University of Technology and Design has designed its curriculum in collaboration with MIT. Students studying in SUTD can get an advantage of learning from both the faculty of SUTD and MIT depending on the chosen courses. This collaboration also offers student exchange programmes that expose the interested students to the MIT environment, study there, and explore its surroundings.
3. Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
NTU is one of the fastest-growing universities in the world, even though it is quite a new developed university as compared to other international universities. Maximum Indian students are seen choosing for the Aerospace Engineering program for an undergraduate degree here.
Study in Singapore after 12th fees
Singapore is relatively cheaper than in European countries and the USA/ Canada. However, engineering and medical programmes fall on the higher side of tuition fees, while Arts courses’ fees are comparatively lower.
||Tuition Fees/ Year (approx.)
|Arts and Social Sciences
|Architecture and Design
Singapore scholarship after 12th
The Government of Singapore and many universities offer various scholarship programs for international students. To be eligible for scholarships, the students need to have an excellent academic record, good skills-set, and excellence in other activities, sports, etc. Here are few Singapore scholarship for Indian students after 12th:
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarships
- David L. Boren Scholarships.
- Ministry of Education (MOE) Tuition Grant Scheme
- ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarships
- Civil aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) Local Undergraduate School.
- MobilitySeeker Outdoor Sports Scholarship
- National University Of Singapore Undergraduate Scholarships
Singapore student visa requirements
In Singapore, a student visa is called a student pass. You will require to submit some documents to get the approval for the student visa. Here are some of the important documents required for Singapore student visa:
- Valid passport
- Two passport-sized photos
- Completely filled ICA form 16 and Form V36.
- Letter of acceptance from the University of Singapore
- Receipt of paid application fee
- Proof of funds to support your stay in Singapore during studies
- All the previous academic documents
- English language proficiency proof (if applicable)
Depending on your profile, you may be asked to submit other documents for your Singapore student visa. For more information check this out: Student visa for Singapore
Singapore Study and Work visa
International students are allowed to work for 16 hours per week while studying at a college or university in Singapore. The student must have a Work Pass Exemption and all other requirements to be eligible to work and study in Singapore. By taking a part-time job while your studying, it will certainly boost your credentials in the eyes of your future employers.