Choosing to study in Germany is probably one of the best opportunities you are giving yourself. It has some of the most renowned institutes in the world. Germany not only helps you obtain a top-class education but also shapes your future in the best possible manner. If you are planning to Study in Germany, this article is for you. Here we are presenting everything related to your Student Visa for Germany.
Where to Apply for a Student Visa to study in Germany?
You can apply for your student visa at the German Embassy or Consulate in your country. Check for the available slots on the website of German Consultant and book your appointment online. Student Visa Germany cost you around €60.
Book your Germany student visa interview
You should schedule an appointment for the interview to obtain a visa. On the day of the interview, you will be asked to submit your supporting documents. Here are the most commonly required documents for applying for a German student visa are:
- A valid passport.
- An application form filled accurately.– You can download it from the website of your German consultant or embassy
- A cover letter. – Explaining the purpose of your visit.
- Two recently taken portrait photographs
- An acceptance letter from a German Institution.
- The payment of university fees.
- Authenticated certificates from earlier education
- Proof of language proficiency. – English(IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE) or German depending on which language is your course taught.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Proof of financial resources to cover the cost of studying in Germany. You can prove it by means of a blocked account.
- Proof of medical insurance.
Appear for the interview and submit your documents
In the visa interview, you will meet with the consular officer directly as a student visa applicant. You will need to respond to the interview questions carefully as you will be closely examined and decide whether to issue a visa and not. During the interview, the officer asks you questions related to your application and a few personal ones which you have to answer truthfully. Here are some examples of the interview questions:
- Why do you want to study in Germany and not in your home country?
- What were your 10th and 12th scores
- Why did you choose this course?
- What is your IELTS/PTE/TOEFL score?
- What are your future career plans in this field of study?
- Where will you stay in Germany?
- How are you going to fund your education?
- What is your intended travel date?
- Do You Plan To Work There?
- Have you applied for a visa before?
During your interview, you need to present all the visa required documents, as your consular officer asks for them in an orderly manner.
Processing time of the student visa for Germany
The processing time for a Germany student visa can usually take up to 25 days. However, it also depends on the German Embassy and the country you are applying from. In some cases, it may also take up to 6-12 weeks, with the maximum processing time being 3 months. You will get more information here: Student visa for Germany
How Long Can I Stay in Germany on a Student Visa?
With a student visa, you will be able to stay in Germany for the starting 3 months. Within this period, you have to apply for a residence permit to continue your stay in Germany for completing your studies. The maximum period you will be receiving through a residence permit is 2 years. You will also be allowed to extend your residence permit, depending on the length of your studies.
You should apply for your German student visa as early as possible to study in Germany. You can submit an application as early as 3 months before you plan to travel to Germany.
You might be interested in the following articles
Checklist Before going to Study in Germany
Stay back and Work Permit after Study in Germany
7 Amazing Places to Visit When You are Studying in Germany