Nova Scotia is the seventh most popular province in Canada. It is amongst the 4 Atlantic provinces of Canada. Halifax is the largest and most prominent city in Nova Scotia having the majority of university campuses. When international students think about studying in Canada, Nova Scotia is always on their list.
Nova Scotia offers excellence in education, which makes it a popular study place for international students. Canadians believe that everyone should have the right to get a quality education. International students are welcomed in this popular province. Here we have made a guide for Study In Nova Scotia.
Why study in Nova Scotia?
Here are the reasons to choose Nova Scotia for your higher education:
- Nova Scotia offers an exceptional variety of study programs options to help international students to make beneficial learning and career choices.
- The education offered here is excellent according to the Canadian standards. You will receive the expertise and knowledge you need to land yourself successfully anywhere in the world.
- It demands low tuition fees among the English-speaking places. Whether you choose to live on or off campus, you will find that your total costs will be relatively cheaper.
- Whether you choose to study in the urban area or rural surroundings, Nova Scotia offers the benefit of being part of a close, safe community with an extraordinary quality of life.
- Studying in Nova Scotia province in Canada means studying in the multicultural environment.
How to study in Nova Scotia?
To study in Canada you will need to apply to the university for the academic course before applying for a student visa. Here are the few steps you need to follow:
- Decide on your preferred course and university.
- Submit your application to the university.
- Get your admission letter.
- Apply for your student visa.
Requirements to study in Nova Scotia in Canada
There are a few entry requirements that you will need to meet your institution application. They are:
- Marksheets of the previous education.
- Statement of purpose
- Letter of recommendation
- Evidence of funds to support your study.
- English language proficiency test scores.
- Student health insurance requirements.
List of colleges in Nova Scotia
The province, Nova Scotia has some of Canada’s oldest universities and colleges. Here are the best colleges in nova scotia are mentioned below:
1. Dalhousie University
Dalhousie University is one of the oldest study institutions in Canada, established in 1818. This university is publicly financed with campuses in Halifax Harbour, Bible Hill, and Northwestern Arm. It has over 16000 students enrolled in its programs. This co-educational school offers around 3,700 courses and 190-degree programs.
2. Cape Breton university
Cape Breton University is situated in Sydney, a city in Nova Scotia. It was established in 1951. This is a non-denominational university that offers various degrees in subjects such as science, technology, arts, and business. Students can also get to engage themselves in various recreational activities such as sports, radio stations, and other student clubs.
3. Acadia University
Acadia University is a public university, located in Wolfville, Nova Scotia. It is the most respected liberal arts university in Canada. It offers around 200 study programs divided into 4 faculties:
- Pure and Applied Science
- Professional Studies
4. Saint Mary’s University
Saint Mary’s University is situated in the middle of Halifax in Nova Scotia, Canada. It has numerous iconic buildings and sprawling green spaces. The university offers various bachelor's degree, masters degree, co-op education, diploma, certificate, distance learning and extended learning programs in several fields.
Other colleges in nova scotia for international students
- Mount Saint Vincent University (MSVU)
- St. Francis Xavier University
- Nova Scotia Community College
- NSCAD University
- University of King’s College
- Université Sainte-Anne
Courses to study in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia has something to offer to each international student. This means that the Universities in Nova scotia offer a wide range of courses to the international students. Some of the popular courses are:
- Social Sciences
- Computer science
Cost of studying in Nova Scotia
Studying in Nova Scotia is not much costlier. It offers a Standard education at an affordable cost. The tuition fee for international students is around 10,791 to 30,988 CAD per year. While estimating living expenses, we can say Nova Scotia is one of the cheapest places for international students. The monthly living costs can be around 500 to 750 CAD.
Cheapest colleges in nova scotia for international students
The province is already cheaper when compared to other provinces in Canada. Though if you feel that it is not much affordable, you can choose from the following cheaper universities in Nova Scotia.
- Université Sainte-Anne
- Mount Saint Vincent University
- Nova Scotia Community College
- Cape Breton University
- Dalhousie University
Scholarships to study in Nova Scotia
The universities in Nova Scotia also provide scholarships to the meritorious international students. Universities which provide scholarships are:
- Acadia University Scholarships
- Cape Breton University Scholarships
- Dalhousie University Scholarships
- Nova Scotia Community College Scholarships
- Saint Mary's University Scholarships
- Nova Scotia College of Art and Design Scholarships
- Atlantic School of Theology Scholarships
- St. Francis Xavier University Scholarships
So are you ready to fly to this beautiful province of Canada, Nova Scotia for further studies? Get in touch with Jeduka.com for more information. Feel free to ask us your queries.