Here is a piece of Good news..!!
International students will be now allowed to travel to Canada from October 20. The minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship of Canada, Marco Mendicino declared on Friday that the country will be opening its borders for international students starting from 20 October 2020.
They will be allowed only if their study institution has a perfect readiness plan for the coronavirus, with all the precautions that have been approved by its provincial or territorial health authority.
IRCC said that the new measures are applied to all international students no matter when their study permit was approved, or they are from which country. However, the immigration department also advises travellers to not make any travel plans until they have met all the requirements and all necessary authorizations.
Safety measures are taken by DLI
Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs) are expected to send the specifics of their readiness plan to the provincial or territorial government since this is the level of government that handles education in Canada. Plans should include
- How will the institutions stay in touch with international students on health and travel requirements before arrival in Canada?
- How will they help international students with quarantine plans?
- How will they provide guidance or assistance in obtaining necessities like food and medicine during the quarantine period?
- What are the plans to establish health and safety protocols in case students get infected with coronavirus?
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will update the list of approved DLIs very soon. If you find your chosen institute in the list of universities in Canada declared, take all the precautions and fly to Canada without a second thought.
Safety measure for international students
IRCC makes sure that safety measures currently in place at Canadian ports of entry will remain in place and that public health staffing at Canadian borders will be further strengthened in the coming months. The measures include:
- All travelers will be quarantined for 14 days upon arrival in Canada.
- All travelers must provide additional arrival details after entry to Canada, including contact details and self-assessments during quarantine, and all are recommended to provide such updates via the ArriveCan app.
- You will also be asked if you either have time to complete your quarantine before you physically attend classes, or can study online during your quarantine
- Those arriving in Canada by air must go through a pre-boarding health check regulated by their airline. IRCC also said that after arrival in Canada, a traveler’s health and ability to quarantine will be checked before they leave the port of entry.
- Any traveler having any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 on arrival at a port of entry in Canada will not be able to enter the country.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) indicates that further details will be published on 8 October. The ministry advises that Travellers should not make any travel plans to Canada until they have met all requirements and acquired all the necessary authorizations for approval to travel to the country under the new rules.
Rules for Family members of the international students
The immediate family members of students may also be able to come with them to Canada, as long as their reason for travel is essential, such as getting established in Canada to support the student’s study program.
- In this case, immediate family includes spouses and common-law partners, dependents, or if the student is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian.
- International students and accompanying family members will need to comply with all public health measures once they arrive in Canada, including the mandatory 14-day quarantine period.
- International students have been waiting for the federal government to allow exemptions for students. Many students are facing a lot of problems during online classes, such as limited access to the internet, and time differences of the countries make for impractical class times.
Excited to go to Canada? Yes, of course, you must be, but also you need to take care of your health as the current situation is very dangerous. Take all the precautions and be safe.
Wish you good luck..!!