Albania is springing up as a preferable study abroad destination. The country offers high-quality education. Albania is putting its efforts to increase the international student’s community in the country. Albania is safe, offers affordable education, and has a low cost of living.
Why Study in Albania?
There are several reasons to choose Albania as your study abroad location. Students from all over the world come here to experience the rich culture and the diverse needs of the economy. Some stay in Albania after completing their studies and work. In particular, here are the main reasons to study in Albania:
- Albania offers scholarships that are highly competitive which is open for international students for both graduate and undergraduate programs.
- Albania offers English-taught programs that will suit your style of learning. Thus there is no need to be fluent in the Albanian language, you can study in Albania in English.
- Albania offers high-quality education. The degrees obtained from Albanian university are recognised around the world.
- In Albania, you can find both public and private universities offering a wide range of study programmes at all levels of higher education.
- Albania has a rich and diverse culture. You will learn the Albanian culture first-hand. You will experience a new and memorable lifestyle.
- Albania is a safe, welcoming and affordable study destination. The studying and living cost is also low in Albania.
- Albanian is the main language in Albania. If you study in Albania, you will get an opportunity to learn a new language. Knowing a foreign language enhances your C.V and brings lots of opportunities in your career.
How to study in Albania
You can study abroad in Albania by following a few simple steps. The process is simple and easy. Here is the complete process, to help you reach your study abroad destination:
- Research all the available educational options and select the course and Albanian university.
- Check whether you are eligible or not and also know the requirements of the university for that particular course
- Apply for admission to the university with the documents as specified by the institution.
- If the higher education institute accepts your application, they will issue an admission offer letter.
- After receiving the offer letter apply for a student visa.
- Get the study visa and fly to Albania for your semesters.
Top courses to study in Albania for international students
With a wide range of higher education institution options in Albania, students have plenty of courses to choose from for their further education. International students have the option to take bachelor programs or continue their studies with masters degrees. PhD degrees are also available for international students having academic research intentions. the most popular courses in Albania are:
- Study Business and Management in Albania
- Study Computer Science and Information Technology in Albania
- Study Social Sciences in Albania
- Study Hospitality Courses in Albania
- Study Economics in Albania
- Study finance and accounting in Albania
- Study engineering in Albania
Best universities in Albania
Albania has both private and public universities. The higher education system of Albania can be experienced in any of the 32 universities. Some of the popular universities in Albania are:
- Epoka University
- Polytechnic University of Tirana
- University of New York Tirana
- European University of Tirana
- Beder University College
- Canadian Institute of Technology
Eligibility to study in Albania
To study abroad in Albania, international students have to meet the eligibility criteria. Different courses and universities may have their own eligibility criteria. Before applying for admission check whether you are eligible or not. However common criteria are:
- You need to have at least a B average or a 3.00-grade point average (GPA) on a 4.00 scale.
- Good English proficiency is required.
- Students need to have an average high school academic performance with 60% out of 100%.
- Students who wish to go for higher education in Albania must have passed the Matura exam. This is a high school graduation exam taken at the end of secondary education in Albania. Students who pass the examination are awarded a “Maturity Diploma/Certificate” which certifies that the student has completed secondary education.
Requirements to study in Albania
To get admission to Albanian's university you have to apply online as a freshman/ as a transfer student. You need to complete the common application form and submit it along with other supporting documents, such as:
- Application form to be duly filled and signed.
- Application fee receipt
- Certificates of all secondary and high school
- Certificates of universities
- Certified copy of passport or another document for identification
- English language Exam results such as TOEFL/IELTS test.
- Two letters of recommendations
- CV in English
- Four passport size photos
Cost of studying in Albania
The tuition fees in Albania differs with the course of study, level of study and university. On average, the tuition fee for a Bachelor’s degree can range from $180 to about $4,450 per year and a masters degree can cost about $6,674 per year. Contact the university you are interested to study in, to know the exact tuition fees. The cost of living in Albania is low. Living expenses differ from location to location.
Cheap Universities in Albania
Albanian universities studies are not much expensive for international students. If you want to study still at a cheaper tuition fee, you can choose the following universities for your further higher studies:
- Fan Noli University
- Nehemiah Gateway University
- Eqrem Çabej University
- Tirana Business University
- Polis University
- Logos University College
- Metropolitan University of Tirana
- Our Lady of Good Counsel University
- Bedër University College
- Epoka University
Student Visa for Albania
To enter Albania, you need to have a student visa. Visa requirements differ from one country to another. You need to obtain a visa from Albanian diplomatic missions. Those who want to stay in Albania for more than 90 days, should apply for a long-term visa, type D.
- Passport valid for 6 months and duly signed.
- Completely filled visa application form.
- Provide two passport photographs
- Pay fees for the visa application
- Have a reference letter from the college studies
- Proof for a financial system for their stay, travel, booking, airline reservation
- health insurance to meet the medical expenditures in Albania
- Produce a current bank statement and one copy
- A reference letter from your institution
We hope that this information on the study in Albania was helpful. So start exploring and start your process of getting admission in Albania for studies as soon as possible.