Tips for JEE Main 2016
joint entrance examination (jee) main-2016 is conducted by central board of secondary education (cbse) for taking admission to bachelor of engineering (b.e), bachelor of technology (b.tech), bachelor of architecture (barch) and bachelor of planning (b.plan) programs at nits, iiits, other centrally funded technical institutions, institutions funded by several participating state governments, and several other institutions for the session 2016. the jee (main) paper i (b.e/b. tech) offline examination will be held on sunday, april 03, 2016 and jee (main) paper i (b.e/b. tech) online examination will be conducted on saturday, april 09, 2016and sunday, april 10, 2016. the jee (main) paper i (b.arch./b.planning) offline examination will be held on sunday, april 03, 2016.
paper pattern for jee (main) 2016:
- jee main is a 3 hours examination.
- jee (main)–2016 shall have two papers, paper-1 (b.e. / b. tech.) and paper-2 (b. arch b.planning).
- paper 1:
- candidates can opt either for pen and paper based test or computer based exam.
- subjects include physics, chemistry & mathematics.
- paper 2: only pen and paper based test option is available.
- subjects include:
- part i: mathematics
- part ii: aptitude test
- part iii: drawing test
- subjects include:
preparation strategy for jee (main) 2016:
- the syllabus of cbse board and jee main is same. ncert books cover all the topics of jee main. prepare your ncert books and broom up your basics rather than engaging on random jee preparation books.
- do not get trapped in one question more than 4 minutes. you can come back and appear to it later.
- crucial topics for jee main: go through the complete syllabus and brush up all the subjects well. ensure the syllabus for mathematics, physics and chemistry which are given in the official website and prepare for them well in advance. go through the previous year’s papers to find out more about the important topics.
- plan right and stick to your schedule: right planning and active revision is very important to do well in exams. divide your time equivalently.
- prepare a chapter-wise and topic wise revision schedule.
- the right approach for applicants appearing for the first or the last (second) time is to refer to only one source instead of referring a wide range books or study materials. for jee main, students can discuss cbse class xi and xii syllabus for preparation. study on a regular basis and take short breaks in between. don’t overstress yourself and try to study too much in one day.
- work hard and work smart. that’s the only mantra to do well in board exams as well as jee main.
- time management plays a very important role in dealing with the exam stress.
- practice at least 20 mock tests as per the new pattern from an appropriate source and solve iitjee papers of at least past 5 years. start your preparation from the basics, do not ignore it. mock test is the most helpful method of evaluating your current preparation level and re-strategize your future preparation plans.
- for jee main computer based mock test, please click here.
- aspirants can download the admit card from here.
- double check your admit card, identity proof and writing instruments.
note: aspirants are not allowed to carry any textual material, calculators, docs, pen, slide rules, log tables, electronic watches with facilities of calculator, printed or written material, bits of papers, mobile phone, pager or any other device, except the admit card inside the examination room/hall.
- the jee main results 2016 will be declared on wednesday, april 27, 2016.
for more updates, stay connected with jeduka.