What is Industrial Management
- Industrial Management Master's degree program is a 1-year program that allows to study alongside a full-time job. The average student in the program is a 30-40+ years old engineer or team leader, who wants to make a career leap from engineering toward management positions.
- Our graduates gain a degree of a 'Master of Engineering' in Industrial Management (level 7 of EQF, European Qualification Framework, corresponding to diplomi-insinööri).
- Industrial Management Master's degree program started in 2006 as a forerunner of Metropolia's Master's level education. The program has been developed in collaboration with leading industrial companies and is updated annually. In 2018, Industrial Management Master's has grown to 70 student places.
- Our warm welcome to join a wide network of peers studying Industrial Management - from the leading industrial companies such as Kone, Outotec, Konecranes, Metso, Valmet, Schneider Electric, GE, ABB, Ericsson, Telia, Elisa, Enfo, and many others, including public organizations and peers representing various SMEs.
How you will study
The courses are conducted via contact teaching, self-study, team work, class discussions, business simulations, workshops and seminars. The studies are integrated into real-life business projects that allow you to study part-time while working.
At the very heart of your studies will be the Master’s Thesis, a business development project conducted in a grounded evidence based manner, typically addressing a real-life business challenge of your employer organization.
Our agile learning mode offers you support whilst you are on the move:
- Interactive lectures, expert workshops & class discussions
- Face-to-face consultancy with experienced faculty members, and opportunity for individual advice, development and help
- Multichannel learning with a variety of modes, with course materials available online
- Audio/video/virtual opportunities
- No examinations, instead practical assignments and discussion leader sessions
- Active peer community of learners.
You will be instructed by experienced staff and experts from both business and academia. See below who your instructors will be.