Master's Programme in Health Business Management is a joint programme customized for social and health care professionals as well as for business and engineering professionals who want to expand their expertise through improved management skills in this very key sector. Eligibility requirements include an appropriate Bachelor's degree and work experience.
Health Business Management in a nutshell
- Business managerial competences will be required in social and health care organizations nationally and internationally in the future. Ageing of population in many societies will challenge health care systems and processes to produce health care services in more efficient ways.
- Digitalization of customer relationship management and services is a major change and driver for new services and processes. Health business is a major global business opportunity driving future growth and national prosperity.
- The emphasize of the programme is in customer and in service business orientation and it has a multidisciplinary approach into business management. The programme provides a wide perspective to service business, competencies for team and project leadership and advancement in management skills. All studies are linked to health or social care organizations.
- The HBM Master’s students will be offered an environment to practice and enhance their international and communication skills in a very multicultural group of peers, staff and faculty. Lectures, seminars, workshops as well as learning materials and outputs are all in English.
The Master's Degree Programme in Health Business Management consists of advanced professional studies (25 ECTS), elective studies (5 ECTS) and Master’s Thesis (30 ECTS).
Students will gain a deep understanding of best practices for the health and social business concerning:
- Health Business Economics and Business Models
- Strategy, Management and Leadership
- Service Innovations and Design
- Quality and Safety Management