Agricultural Equipment Technicians diagnose, repair, modify, overhaul, service and maintain some of today’s most technologically advanced machines—tractors, combines, cultivators, seeders, sprayers. If you like working with agricultural equipment and troubleshooting mechanical problems, it’s a great career choice.
You’ll find your skills are in demand at leading equipment dealerships. You might work as a technician in a fully-equipped service centre or travel to farms and rural areas on service calls. You can also transfer your skills to other industries, such as mining and construction. Agricultural Equipment Technician is a one-year certificate program offered at Saskatchewan Polytechnic Saskatoon campus . Get hands-on training in:
- Air conditioning, heating and electrical
- Engines, fuel systems, hydraulics, power trains
- Gas and arc welding
- Harvest, hay and forage equipment
- Onboard computer and global positioning systems (GPS)
- Seeding, tillage, sprayers and applicators
- Shop procedures and safety
- Tractor set-up and pre-delivery.