The NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) is a national level aptitude test organized by Council of Architecture. This exam is organized for those aspirants looking for admission in architecture courses like B.Arch offered by top institutions of the country. This test measures the aptitude of the candidate for the field of architecture. From 2017 onwards, NATA exam will be conducted once in a year on 16th April 2017 via offline mode. NATA score cards are considered by various government, government aided and private colleges or universities for admission in B.Arch programme. Here in this article, we are providing information regarding NATA 2017 including the eligibility criteria, important dates,
NATA 2017 Registration
- The NATA 2017 Registration has been started from 2nd January 2017 and will be opened till 2nd February 2017.
- The registration form can be filled and submitted only through the website.
- Candidates are advised to fill the registration form as per the given instructions.
- candidates have to upload the scanned images of photograph, signature and thumb impression.
- There is no need to send the application by post.
The NATA registration fee is Rs. 1250/- for all the candidates. Fee payment can be done through online mode (debit/credit card, net banking) or e-challan. Candidates opting for exam city Dubai are needed to pay an additional examination fee of INR 7000 prior to issuance of admit card.
Eligibility Criteria :
- Candidates should have completed or appearing 12th or equivalent examination with Mathematics to apply for NATA.
- 10+2 (diploma) in any stream candidates are also eligible to apply.
- International Baccalaureate diploma passed/appearing after 10th are also eligible to apply.
- There is not any lateral admission criteria for admission in any stage/year of B.Arch.
- The minimum age limit is 17 years as on 31st July 2017.
NATA Exam Pattern :
- Type of Exam: The NATA exam pattern comprises of three parts, i.e. Mathematics, General Aptitude & Drawing.
- Mode: The exam will be conducted through offline mode (pen and paper based).
- Questions: Total 62 questions will be asked.
- Marking Scheme: In Mathematics & General Aptitude section, 2 marks will be given for each correct response.
- Duration: The exam duration will be three hours.
- Negative Marking: There is not any provision of negative marking in this exam.