AIEED (All India Entrance Examination for Design) is a national level entrance test which is being conducted every year by Arch Academy of Design (ARCH) for taking admission into various under graduate and postgraduate programs in the field of design. The AIEED entrance exam is aimed to examine the acquaintance, proficiency and ability of the aspirant towards taking up a profession in the field of Design.
The AIEED entrance exam is conducted in two different modes namely online based entrance exam and centre based entrance exam.
AIEED Online Entrance Examination
The Arch team structured and conducted the first online entrance examination for design in India effectively. The aspirants, whose forms have been consented, will have to appear for the online entrance exam at the allotted time and date. The online exam was constructed to enable students across the globe to appear for the exam using their personal computers or laptops with a choice of time slots on any of the given exam dates.
AIEED online entrance examination will be conducted at over 200 Sify Iway examination centers in 50 cities all over India. The aspirant can choose three centres (only 3), in order of their preference for examination centre. If the first or second choice of centre is not available or dumped for any reason, then they will be assigned the centre of your second or third choice, as per convenience.
AIEED Centre Based Entrance Examination
The aspirants whose forms have been consented will have to appear for a written entrance examination at the Examination Centers chosen by them.
AIEED centre based entrance exam is conducted in 7 centers which include Ahmadabad, Chennai, Delhi, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, and Mumbai.
The entrance test is conducted for the following course:
Under Graduate (UG) Level Programmes
- Fashion Design
- Interior Design
- Jewelry Design
- Graphic Design
- Craft Product Design
- Design Management
- BVA ( Bachelor in Visual Arts)
Post Graduate (PG) Level Programmes
- Fashion Design
- Interior Design
- Jewelry Design
- Lifestyle Accessory Design
- Design Communication
- Strategic Design Management
- Strategic Mgmt. & Leadership
UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMMES (DURATION: 4 YRS)
- Students who have appeared for/cleared Class 10+2 (CBSE/ICSE/IB/State Board/NIOS or equivalent as per UGC Guidelines) are eligible to write AIEED Exam. Only these 10+2 appearing or Cleared Candidates are eligible for the UOR/ KSOU University degree element of the programme.
- As per Pearson-Edexcel norms, all students 16 years and above are eligible for the International Undergraduate level course and can therefore, also apply. These aspirants have the incredible opportunity of still culminating their studies with a ‘Top Up’ degree in 1 year from any of the Pearson Edexcel listed Universities around the world after having ended the Pearson Edexcel BTEC embedded in the 4 year programme at ARCH.
- Students applying for 4 year Undergraduate Interior Design program with a valid NATA score/ AIEEE rank are exempted from AIEED exam and will be called for interview directly.
- Class 10+1 Students can also write AIEED 2014-15. Qualifying students will be eligible for direct admission in Academic year 2016 after clearing the interview.
POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES (DURATION: 2 YRS)
- Graduates or students pursuing graduation in any discipline from a recognized university can apply for this programme.
- Moreover, as per Pearson-Edexcel guidelines, all students 19 years and above are eligible for the Strategic Management & Leadership Programme as well as the Design Management Programmes. Here no other previous learning achievements are considered as requirements for admission. These aspirants have the incredible opportunity of still culminating their studies with a ‘Top Up’ MBA degree in 6 months from any of the Pearson Edexcel listed Universities around the world after having finished the Pearson Edexcel BTEC Level 7 programme at ARCH.
- MBA aspirants can apply for Strategic Design Management and Strategic Management & Leadership with their recent CAT/MAT scores. They also will have to clear the AIEED exam and the Interview and submit their Statement of Purpose (SOP) prior to the Interview.
FORMAT OF THE EXAM
Centre based Exam (Offline)
STRUCTURE OF AIEED EXAM: MAX DURATION – 3 HRS 15 minutes
Type Of Paper
No Of Q's
AIEED (CAT + GAT) Creative Ability Test + General Ability Test
To assess design sensitivity, problem solving, creative skills logical reasoning & awareness on global issues
45 to 50
*You can write Exams in the online format or the Offline format. Question papers are Bilingual - Hindi & English. The Offline Exam can be answered in either language. The Online Exam needs to be answered in English only (although the questions can be read in Hindi too)
Exam Test Centers:
All India Entrance Examination for Design ( AIEED ) Fashion Technology Entrance Examination Test Centre – 2015
Centre Based AIEED Exam ( off line)
Aspirants can write the offline AIEED Centre Based examination from any of the 13 cities across India.
For More Details refer the official website.